Thoughts on 2018 Buy Prices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hound_dog

Reaction score
I've been researching on the Chevy side and have gotten my hopes up (cheap price) on a few Tahoes that turned out to have the "Custom Edition" which is roughly $4k less because it lacks 3rd row seats. I need those! For those interested in seeing the Custom Edition details:

https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/taho...3,MYC,GU4,RCV,RKX,RC4,G1E,A95,H0U,IO5,YL4,SJA

Anyway, that's a good deal on the Yukon with those options.

No, the SLE Value Package includes the below options. To my knowledge, 2018 Yukon's all come standard with the 3rd row, I am not sure about Tahoes.
  • 20" polished aluminum wheels
  • Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror
  • Power-adjustable pedals
  • Rear power liftgate
  • Universal Home Remote

sillyyankee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I currently looking and my favorite dealer is not offering much in the way of discounts. I could go 50-100 miles out (2 dealers in 30 miles) for deeper discounts, but I truly detest the entire car buying process. I need a second row bench and towing, would love the value package, but can't find anything under 150 miles.
Looked at a LT sticker of 63K and they were offering 60K. I am still looking. Hence, why I am here to see what others are paying.

SubSonic

Reaction score
New member here, I just picked up my Tahoe this weekend.
I ended up paying just over $38,000 (after the additional rebate for using Chevy financing)
Mine is a Custom Edition, so keep that in mind.
But it is also the Midnight Edition with tubular side steps and A/T tires. It also has the goofy ass vibrator feature/auto braking.

hound_dog

Reaction score
If you don't need the 3rd row, the Custom Edition is a good deal. Back in 2007 when I bought a Tahoe, the 3rd row was a $460 option. Saving $4,200 on the Custom Edition is a good deal. The Midnight package looks great. Enjoy!

New member here, I just picked up my Tahoe this weekend.
I ended up paying just over $38,000 (after the additional rebate for using Chevy financing)
Mine is a Custom Edition, so keep that in mind.
But it is also the Midnight Edition with tubular side steps and A/T tires. It also has the goofy ass vibrator feature/auto braking.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop around all I can say some dealers give better pricing than others. I got 12k off Msrp yes yes 12k msrp . I saw many base model for 34 k without third row and third row base 39k . Yes all new ok not used Chevy got a lot insentive. There is no reason to pay more than 55 k for a premier model loaded.

hound_dog

Reaction score
12k off what MSRP? Just curious what percentage the discount is. I'm hoping to get 19% off.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently looking and my favorite dealer is not offering much in the way of discounts. I could go 50-100 miles out (2 dealers in 30 miles) for deeper discounts, but I truly detest the entire car buying process. I need a second row bench and towing, would love the value package, but can't find anything under 150 miles.
Looked at a LT sticker of 63K and they were offering 60K. I am still looking. Hence, why I am here to see what others are paying.
Where r you located?

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Florida some dealers didn’t discount but other had mega huge saving might be cheaper for you to fly over if you get 12k off and ship over for 800 dollars if your saving 12 k .Flight and shipping I doubt it you be over 2 k you still save 10 k .

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a dealer out west, Laura or some similar name that almost always has the best prices nationwide? Folks routinely make the deal over the phone/internet and fly out and drive their new truck home. Worth a looksee anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas