Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
So the Sierra, at least for my use case, simply isn't a viable option because of it's 24 gallon gas tank. I would like to tow my track car longer distances to other tracks like WGI, VIR, LRP, Palmer, NJMP, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio and the need to find a gas station every 200-250 miles in a GM (gas) 1/2 ton versus every 300-400 miles in a F150 (36 gallon gas tank) matters. If I went the 1/2 ton pickup route, I would be limited to the F150.
What's the deal with that anyway?!?

I've played around with the 1/2 truck configuration tools from all the manufacturers and RAM you can upgrade the size of the tank (standalone option), F150 you can upgrade the size of the tank (standalone option), even Toyota has an option package for the Tundra which gives you a bigger gas tank along with a few convenience features.

WTF GM? I want at least 30 gallons, 32-35 would be nice. And the companies that sell aux tanks only sell them for diesel engines. I'm imagining the range of a 2.7 turbo 1/2 ton with 10 speed auto (instead of the 8 speed). I'll bet you could go 500-600 miles between fill ups. Heck with a 2.7 turbo F150 4x2 with bigger tank you've got a theoretical range of right around 600 miles. Sounds great to me.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with that anyway?!?

I've played around with the 1/2 truck configuration tools from all the manufacturers and RAM you can upgrade the size of the tank (standalone option), F150 you can upgrade the size of the tank (standalone option), even Toyota has an option package for the Tundra which gives you a bigger gas tank along with a few convenience features.

WTF GM? I want at least 30 gallons, 32-35 would be nice. And the companies that sell aux tanks only sell them for diesel engines. I'm imagining the range of a 2.7 turbo 1/2 ton with 10 speed auto (instead of the 8 speed). I'll bet you could go 500-600 miles between fill ups. Heck with a 2.7 turbo F150 4x2 with bigger tank you've got a theoretical range of right around 600 miles. Sounds great to me.

With a 36 gallon tank, you could probably get anywhere between 600-700 miles on the highway unloaded.

Also, I believe Transfer Flow makes a CARB approved 58 gallon replacement GAS tank for the current Super Duty.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Denali Ultimate yesterday. Ordered in November. Really nice and a big upgrade from my 21 Tahoe Z71. Although I can't seem to the SC to work.
Awesome, same as mine that I picked up in November, what is going on with your SC function? Has it worked before? Were you on a SCmapped road? Let me know some more details, mine did work but now it is not, taking it into the dealer on Monday to get it fixed and will have more info after that.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duramax………….definitely YES on PPF…(ClearBra). That was a must and normally one of the first visits I make….first being our TollTag Store (North TX)…..I either get the tint including the windsh interior UV protection film…..Allows 70% of the ambient light through but should help with dashboard fade over the years. I get the tint including windshield and upper W/S “Eyebrow” area….Then the toll tag.

As for external PPF…YES… my personal recommendation would be entire front fascia including about the 1/3 of the hood…leading edge of the hood and back to about where the outside of the hood flattens out The flared out portion of the front fender gets covered…. A Pillar and leading edge of the roof to about the rear of the SXM/GPS antenna.

Outside Mirror caps. If you have Chrome Mirrors then the lower portion..if Body color mirrors then entire mirror outside portion.

With this exception I make it one of the first projects but in this model I went on a road trip and just got in for CB Appointment. You want the leading edge of pretty much any exterior surface to help reduce risk of paint chips….rocks or seeing how inattentive to vehicle loading and lack of basic maintenance pretty much any foreign object damage.

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome, same as mine that I picked up in November, what is going on with your SC function? Has it worked before? Were you on a SCmapped road? Let me know some more details, mine did work but now it is not, taking it into the dealer on Monday to get it fixed and will have more info after that.
I only got the SC working once for about a minute then there was a lane merge and it turned off and that was it. Can't seem to get it going on any road. So odd.

Wwes

Reaction score
If I needed more than a 1/2 ton, I would just get a 1 ton HD SRW gas pickup. The advantage of the 1 ton HD SRW gas is that it would be hard to overload it with a flat bed trailer and track vehicle. You could probably get away with not using a WDH if the trailer weight is low enough.
Yes, the 1 Ton gas HD is a sweet spot to be in.
I have a Denali HD (2500) SRW Crew 4x4 Duramax - whew that was a mouthful - and it's a great towing rig, but the 2500 + diesel means the payload is fairly low. The 3500 has a lot more payload, but with my utility trailer I could easily reach into CDL territory. Good luck with your purchase. FYI - I have had significant problems with every new Ford (3) I've bought in the past 10 years, including the SuperDuty. The GMs have only been in service for a warranty recall.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the 1 Ton gas HD is a sweet spot to be in.
I have a Denali HD (2500) SRW Crew 4x4 Duramax - whew that was a mouthful - and it's a great towing rig, but the 2500 + diesel means the payload is fairly low. The 3500 has a lot more payload, but with my utility trailer I could easily reach into CDL territory. Good luck with your purchase. FYI - I have had significant problems with every new Ford (3) I've bought in the past 10 years, including the SuperDuty. The GMs have only been in service for a warranty recall.
The best feature on the Ford F150/Super Duty is that 2.0kW Pro Power On-Board. It's nothing revolutionary - it's literally just a factory inverter. I'm not sure why GM hasn't implemented that.

But it's useful at the track because I can run an air compressor right from the bed of the pickup without needing to go to the air station to air up or air down my tires as the temperatures and track conditions change over the course of the day or weekend.

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried everything I could. OnStar reset was last thing. SC just doesn't work. "SC not available". Bringing in to the dealer on Wednesday. $100K for a truck and the feature I was most excited about doesn't work.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried everything I could. OnStar reset was last thing. SC just doesn't work. "SC not available". Bringing in to the dealer on Wednesday. $100K for a truck and the feature I was most excited about doesn't work.
I know this is a long shot and the TSB applies to the Bolt, but it might be worth trying the WiFi hotspot setting change as noted in this TSB - https://dot.report/bulletins/10215630

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer sent me the status of my denali in transit to the lot. It is in Grand Prarie TX Offsite yard - Navy.

The status is - Bayed: Ready (4B)

Don't know what it means but the ETA is 2/16.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic