Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't get how we can get comfortable paying 80k for a GM truck and not get all the options we want configured. What is a $50 credit when the premium in the package is $500 or more? Companies like Toyota were able to buy chips in bulk in advance as well as work with their supply chain providers to ensure continuity, and it's sad GM wasn't able to do the same.
All brands are going through the same thing. As a matter of fact, Toyota sales declined almost 20% compared to last year because of the chip shortage. My previous car, a Mercedes, had a missing standard feature as well.

johnsmith4545

Reaction score
Email from my dealership 8/19/2022 - Got some movement on your Tahoe and should be on the way next week will let you know as soon as I get a delivery day.
(I get the WS and find out the car is in Arlington after being in Midlothian since end of May)

Just when you think you overcame the chip hurdle you get to fall into the shipping hurdle.

I reached out to another dealership in a bigger city about putting in a 2023 order and they took my information. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got an update from my dealer a bit ago and he said my rig is in chicago now, with it still planned to be delivered to the dealer on 10/5. it is heading to ft wayne and then getting trucked to the dealer. so my rig is within a 4 hour drive of me, but i gotta wait a couple of weeks yet. my patience is waning the closer it gets. lol

rws1987

Reaction score
Email from my dealership 8/19/2022 - Got some movement on your Tahoe and should be on the way next week will let you know as soon as I get a delivery day.
(I get the WS and find out the car is in Arlington after being in Midlothian since end of May)

Just when you think you overcame the chip hurdle you get to fall into the shipping hurdle.

I reached out to another dealership in a bigger city about putting in a 2023 order and they took my information. Let's see what happens.
I’m glad to hear yours has moved after being in midlothian since end of may. Mine has been there since 6/2, so maybe mine will move soon. Still no WS for me. What does your Vin end in? Mine is 31XXXX

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This marks 13 months since we ordered, and it has incremented years as new model years are introduced. Order sat for months at 2000 status, then, oops, now it's a 2023 and you get to sit again waiting. We ordered an Escalade this afternoon, the Denali Ultimate is basically the same thing but without the hideous brownish red seats, Escalades are back to black. Now to see what gets here first, the Escalade is only a few thousand more.

done-it-again

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This marks 13 months since we ordered, and it has incremented years as new model years are introduced. Order sat for months at 2000 status, then, oops, now it's a 2023 and you get to sit again waiting. We ordered an Escalade this afternoon, the Denali Ultimate is basically the same thing but without the hideous brownish red seats, Escalades are back to black. Now to see what gets here first, the Escalade is only a few thousand more.
Hope both come and you can pick. But the base Escalade doesn’t have the same option as the ultimate. So it’s not really the same. You would need a 120 k Escalade to be close. The Escalade dash is far superior.

bdouglas0036

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with having their order picked up for a 2023 Yukon Denali with the diesel?

We ordered 6/26. I called a larger volume dealership yesterday and they said they were easing the constraint on ordering a 3.0 with the Denali trim. Previously they were few and far between. Some time in the last week or so there was a $1705 price increase though, so if we order from them we’ll be locking in a higher price.

mek17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with having their order picked up for a 2023 Yukon Denali with the diesel?

We ordered 6/26. I called a larger volume dealership yesterday and they said they were easing the constraint on ordering a 3.0 with the Denali trim. Previously they were few and far between. Some time in the last week or so there was a $1705 price increase though, so if we order from them we’ll be locking in a higher price.
On 8/23 I ordered a 2023 Yukon XL Denali diesel. It was picked up by GM a few days later, and was built week of 9/12 and has been in Midlothian since 9/16. As of today, neither the dealer nor GM chat can explain why it is there or when it will be shipped out.

DurtyKurty

Reaction score
My XL Diesel Denali was ordered on 6/26 also. Still hasnt been accepted. I have air ride, RSE, Max tow, 22's, Titanium Rush Metallic paint, diesel, sunroof, and power running boards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE