Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and they said they were easing the constraint on ordering a 3.0 with the Denali trim. Previously they were few and far between. Some time in the last week or so there was a $1705 price increase though, so if we order from them we’ll be locking in a higher price.
I haven't heard that the diesel constraint is easing at all. It has been at 10% nationwide for the remainder of the 2023 model year. If that is improving it is certainly good news.

As for the recent price increase, that's the first I heard of one. But looks like you are right. I just priced out my base Denali and it is $800 higher than it was last week. I should be price protected so shouldn't affect me but definitely disappointing for those without price protection.

DFW Clay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum but have been following it for the past several weeks, as I just did my first ever truck order.

I ordered the wife a 2023 Tahoe Z71 with Luxury Package, Rear Seat Entertainment, Sunroof, Second Row Bucket, and the power-sliding front console in the new Silver Sage Metallic.

Ordered on 8/25, accepted on 8/29, TPW is 9/19 and currently at 3400. It moved rather quickly on mine, so I hope the pace continues!
Well, my 23 Z71 Tahoe was produced Friday or Saturday. I got the VIN this morning (9/26) and am at code 4300.

Anyone know what 4300 currently means? I'm in DFW, so my Tahoe doesn't need a train ride, just a truck ride to the dealer :)

mek17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, my 23 Z71 Tahoe was produced Friday or Saturday. I got the VIN this morning (9/26) and am at code 4300.

Anyone know what 4300 currently means? I'm in DFW, so my Tahoe doesn't need a train ride, just a truck ride to the dealer :)
My Yukon XL diesel has been at 4300 since 9/16. The GMC chat people told me it is in Midlothian awaiting transport. If you ask them to tell you where the vehicle is physically located they can do so. I am also in DFW area.

bdouglas0036

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On 8/23 I ordered a 2023 Yukon XL Denali diesel. It was picked up by GM a few days later, and was built week of 9/12 and has been in Midlothian since 9/16. As of today, neither the dealer nor GM chat can explain why it is there or when it will be shipped out.
Our dealer called us 2 weeks ago and said they had an allotment for a diesel and a XL but
On 8/23 I ordered a 2023 Yukon XL Denali diesel. It was picked up by GM a few days later, and was built week of 9/12 and has been in Midlothian since 9/16. As of today, neither the dealer nor GM chat can explain why it is there or when it will be shipped out.
we had the option to do an XL Denali last month because they had allotments for both but we passed on it. He said they’ve gotten 2 allotments for those so far. We probably should have just went with it. He did say that they’ve had issues with them getting stuck in Midlothian for weeks on end with no ETA so the last 2 they have went down there to retrieve them. He said they weren’t waiting on chips so he wasn’t sure what the hold up was.

bdouglas0036

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't heard that the diesel constraint is easing at all. It has been at 10% nationwide for the remainder of the 2023 model year. If that is improving it is certainly good news.

As for the recent price increase, that's the first I heard of one. But looks like you are right. I just priced out my base Denali and it is $800 higher than it was last week. I should be price protected so shouldn't affect me but definitely disappointing for those without price protection.
I didn’t know of it nor did the dealer until I contacted a larger volume dealer to see if they would have more luck with allotments and when we built it out the base price was $1305 higher but they no longer required the $905 connected services package which made it $800 more. It’s not too large of a price increase but we’re currently price protected in our existing order.

He may have been blowing smoke because we had considered ordering a 23’ Tahoe with the Diesel to see if it got picked up faster since Chevrolet seems to be rolling out 3 times more with the 3.0. It just sucks seeing people who order 2-3 months after having their orders picked up. Kind of wish GM would cut out the dealer on orders so the process would be more fair. They’re obviously being picked up because every one I’ve seen within 500 miles I’ve called about is a customer order. If it isn’t. They’re marked up $5-$10k which I will absolutely never pay more than MSRP for a new vehicle. It’s basically flushing money down the toilet.

bdouglas0036

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My XL Diesel Denali was ordered on 6/26 also. Still hasnt been accepted. I have air ride, RSE, Max tow, 22's, Titanium Rush Metallic paint, diesel, sunroof, and power running boards.
We only had diesel, 22’s, power running boards, and sunroof on our Yukon Denali order. Our dealer had an allotment for a Denali XL diesel but we passed. I did however have some luck looking on GMC’s website for inventory Sunday morning. There has been a significant uptick on Diesel’s being added. We found one with everything we ordered except the interior being light teak. The dealer got in touch with me first thing yesterday morning and it was available. It’s a bit of a distance from us (~6 hours) but they were selling for MSRP and it had already shipped with a ETA of 10/15 so we jumped on it. We’re trading a 21 Tahoe Premier with low mileage and the trade value has dropped significantly in the last 3 months since ordering. With our order not being picked up yet I’m just too nervous to wait any longer. Our BEST offer on trading/selling outright is $5500 less already.

DFW Clay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man, my Tahoe Z71 was super quick. I ordered on 8/25, accepted on 8/29, built on 9/23, and arrived at dealer on 10/4.