Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Got an update from GM chat today that is exciting! Waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if they have indeed received it.

2023 Yukon XL Denali 4WD with 3.0 diesel, advanced tech, premium capability package, max trailering, adaptive cruise, super cruise, power side steps, and 2nd row bench.
2/6/21-Initial order with local dealer
10/12/22-Placed order with a large dealer
11/11/22-status code 2000
11/16/22-status code 3000
12/12/22-status code 3300
12/19/22-status code 3400 TPW=1/2/23
1/7/23-status code 3800 and VIN available from dealer
1/10/23-status code 4300 and window sticker available
1/18/23-status code 5000

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an update from GM chat today that is exciting! Waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if they have indeed received it.

2023 Yukon XL Denali 4WD with 3.0 diesel, advanced tech, premium capability package, max trailering, adaptive cruise, super cruise, power side steps, and 2nd row bench.
2/6/21-Initial order with local dealer
10/12/22-Placed order with a large dealer
11/11/22-status code 2000
11/16/22-status code 3000
12/12/22-status code 3300
12/19/22-status code 3400 TPW=1/2/23
1/7/23-status code 3800 and VIN available from dealer
1/10/23-status code 4300 and window sticker available
1/18/23-status code 5000
That is a long wait. Congrats.

Jorgy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I've made the decision to get a Yukon Duramax with max tow so will need to order. It's so difficult to make sense of the process. I've asked 3 dealers locally and heard 3 different stories about timeframes and expectations... It would be great to be able to tell who has an allocation for the vehicle I want, but I suppose that's too much to ask...

At any rate, I hope to join the discussion here shortly with a success story!

TXNJ

Reaction score
Well I've made the decision to get a Yukon Duramax with max tow so will need to order. It's so difficult to make sense of the process. I've asked 3 dealers locally and heard 3 different stories about timeframes and expectations... It would be great to be able to tell who has an allocation for the vehicle I want, but I suppose that's too much to ask...

welcome to the club. the allocation process is tough to figure out. However, I have been tracking the inventory of the dealer I have my order placed with (denali, max tow, no other options at all) and the amount of inventory they are listing in January is 2x or more than they had during the August-December period. it's all pre-sold vehicles, but the sheer volume increase shows they are getting more deliveries than in 2022. I think there has been some relief in bottleneck of late. Dmax and max tow were previously highly constrained. It seems better now for those two things.
That all being said, I can tell you that in Dallas, at a very large dealer, I've been "on the list" for over 7 months now because there is a ton of demand for yukons and working through that list has been quite the process.
I went the route of ordering through just one dealer. No markups. No deposits. Very solid reputation and I've bought through them before. However, I know many on this forum have ordered through multiple dealers and had luck that way. If I did it again, I think I would have been more aggressive at seeking out multiple dealers. But you also have to keep in mind constraints. things like dmax and max tow just weren't getting made. period. Didn't matter as much who the dealer was.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yeah that'd make too much sense for GM to make the allocations public so the general public could search/filter for a dealer that can actually order what they are wanting. This would also be the first step in eliminating dealer interactions for purchases so probably not something dealers would push for...

all dealers are going to have different allocation history to work from so hearing three different explanations is 100% plausible. the downside is if you are confident they know what they are talking about or if they are just blowing smoke.

SCMomentum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Placed an order early last year. They were unable to fill as a 2022 so it was rolled to 2023. Was called today to offer the Tahoe with everything I wanted except the Advanced Technology Package. I was told the chip issue is affecting the max trailering. GM hasn't figured out what waiting in line means yet. Pathetic.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed an order early last year. They were unable to fill as a 2022 so it was rolled to 2023. Was called today to offer the Tahoe with everything I wanted except the Advanced Technology Package. I was told the chip issue is affecting the max trailering. GM hasn't figured out what waiting in line means yet. Pathetic.
GM knows it's your dealer that's playing with you.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my XL Denali 3.0/MaxTow/AirRide/Adaptive Cruise has been built and I got VIN number today. Anxiously awaiting shipping information.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally did an order for a 22 Z71 MB, Loaded everything including 6.2 and deleted rear seat entertainment…..found a in stock at other dealer outside the DFW Metroplex that was the opposite..no 6.2 and RSE, When I CXLd the order I got freaked out by the constraints that were coming…Ordered in Dec21 and the next round of constraints were going to be Heated steering wheel and seats. I CXLD the order well before build date, probably before acceptance and allocation. I heard horror storied of six-eight-twelve months, delayed and order automatically switched to 2023, different constraints during acceptance.

All of my three were “on Property”. Only one was market adjustment which is ironic but here’s how it played out.

1…..21 Premier.…MB, 4WD, Loaded except 6.2 and RSE…6.2 was only available with HC for 2021…..picked up August 2021….Market Adjustments had started but this dealer…”Didn’t get the memo”…..lucky for me!! Somewhat Identical twins..same litter but one MB and on Red.

2. 22 Z71 MB, 5.3. RSE but no 6.2.…Market Adjustment but not what you would think….adjustment for RSE,,,Apparently popular in that area,,,,,I am sure if it wasn’t the RSE, then probably the Z71 would be the adjustment. 6,2 or not. Dealer made pretty good trade appraisal and GMM and Costco helped soften the blow of the $5K M.A.

3. 23 Premier. Dark Ash, 6.2, EDAPmoonroof….Color was third of my three acceptable colors…anything else was Deal breaker. NO Market Adjustment due to previopus customer back out and except for not being Midnight Blue it was a decent deal. I call it the NQB model…(Not Quite Black)….or Clipper Kingsford”

Moral of the story is like many retail purchases these days….timing,,,,,.

I had searched the View INventory site at least a couple of doxen times that night. Finally found it late the night but after dealer closed. I know I found it some time during the night because I sent a copy of the sticker to my buddy. Called dealer the following morning after T a Dr. Appointment to confirm availability. It was, did my trade appraisal over the phone with photos and KBB. Ran credit but finance was backlogged so didn’t get full number until the next day (Wednesday). Total Transaction time…not counting finding the vehicle on the view inventory site…..just over 96 hours. That included installation of the floor liners and cargo area mats.

Timing can be everything……These days you can possibly slide into a on property back out……….be flexible. And check inventoyy often. One thing I do like about the GM View Inventory website is you can expand marketing area in one move…….

I was searching Dodge Chargers this summer and the search would only go out to 250 miles from the selected Zip Code……EX. DFW. 250 miles…….Then 250 from Little Rock, 250 miles from Memphis, Nashville…you get the idea.….Yes I did eventually find the Charger….(22 Daytona 5.7, Indigo Blue, moonroof…flew to Indianapolis, and got ride rest of the way… ..dealer was in the no mans land between Indianapolis and. Chicago. Dealer was even wondering how they got it since they are about 95% farm country so RAM Pickups. AgIn worked out for me, no markup, after four months they were happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65