They almost got away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
America is a great country for thieves with all the laws that protect them the get caught and then walk .And money lawyers let them walk again free money buys freedom no mAtter the crime look at oj , money talks and evidence disapears. so much crime and violence in America and poverty it sad to look our country what is is the poverty level in some states is horrible. I seen last America inpoverty a documentary of pictures of people in America how poor they are in some states like Alabama Detroit and many more. It sad what we live in familyy struggle to put end meat on tables. The hard working class pay for everyone needs and suffering. Pay taxes get their stuff stolen it just the working people. I never been to Texas but hear they have strong laws against protecting yourself and property . Never been there but I wonder if a safe place to live,

Last edited:

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this forum is about Tahoe and your suv problem but I believe sometimes this forum is way more than an suv place. It a place to fix the many things if we all unite the people of this forum are different and seem helpful. One thing i see more and more in the state I’m in when I turn on the news is car theft but the main one ☝️ now is children aductions from the stores gas stations shopping malls. What has America turned into when things like this happen in the USA . It sad but we become like any third world country with that crime. It sad to say it I never thought this was real in the USA.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know this forum is about Tahoe and your suv problem but I believe sometimes this forum is way more than an suv place. It a place to fix the many things if we all unite the people of this forum are different and seem helpful. One thing i see more and more in the state I’m in when I turn on the news is car theft but the main one ☝️ now is children aductions from the stores gas stations shopping malls. What has America turned into when things like this happen in the USA . It sad but we become like any third world country with that crime. It sad to say it I never thought this was real in the USA.
Agreed.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Tony you live a hard town too not easy there how is Jerrsey I been there a few times. Is the crime high or low.
Depends where you live. Lots of places have alot of crime, but also alot of places are nice, but the really nice places are very expensive.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I should clarify, I only shared my experience in addition to the person who originally posted, really happy for him that they didn't get away with his truck and his property. My post and explanation was merely sharing how strange thieves can be and how the unfortunate reality is that it is a total rackett as we as hard working tax paying citizens get left with paying higher insurance and no matter what, it costs you big time when something like this occurs, and it just sucks! I probably would have drove that truck a little longer even though it was nearly 10 years old, but was still in great shape with the exception of some paint issues on the roof which is typical GM paint by that time. That truck was great, I ended up supplying the insurance company with $23,000 in receipts, the set of one off 3PC wheels/Toyo tires $9k, front and rear Brembo brakes $8,500, Remus exhaust system $1,400.00, K&N FIPK kit $450.00, factory fender flares $900.00, Escalade Racks $1,400.00 w/paint, Victor Contoured steering wheel $900, HID lights/LED rear tail lamps $450.00, and my insurance said we will give you $11k and dispose of the truck, or $10k and you can keep and fix it with a Salvage title, so I took the 10k, put on new factory brakes front/rear, fixed the ignition, threw on factory standard racks, some Late model Denali rims/tires and sold it for $4,500.00.
I sold the rear brembo kit like 2 years later for like $400 bucks.
Totally sucks as theft is really nothing that is against the law anymore, you simply need to be insured and just hope it doesn't happen to you.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I should clarify, I only shared my experience in addition to the person who originally posted, really happy for him that they didn't get away with his truck and his property. My post and explanation was merely sharing how strange thieves can be and how the unfortunate reality is that it is a total rackett as we as hard working tax paying citizens get left with paying higher insurance and no matter what, it costs you big time when something like this occurs, and it just sucks! I probably would have drove that truck a little longer even though it was nearly 10 years old, but was still in great shape with the exception of some paint issues on the roof which is typical GM paint by that time. That truck was great, I ended up supplying the insurance company with $23,000 in receipts, the set of one off 3PC wheels/Toyo tires $9k, front and rear Brembo brakes $8,500, Remus exhaust system $1,400.00, K&N FIPK kit $450.00, factory fender flares $900.00, Escalade Racks $1,400.00 w/paint, Victor Contoured steering wheel $900, HID lights/LED rear tail lamps $450.00, and my insurance said we will give you $11k and dispose of the truck, or $10k and you can keep and fix it with a Salvage title, so I took the 10k, put on new factory brakes front/rear, fixed the ignition, threw on factory standard racks, some Late model Denali rims/tires and sold it for $4,500.00.
I sold the rear brembo kit like 2 years later for like $400 bucks.
Totally sucks as theft is really nothing that is against the law anymore, you simply need to be insured and just hope it doesn't happen to you.

That what I’m saying why hard working class has to deal with all this BS. I work my ass off to make a living to have some low life gang banger take all in seconds.
Where I live there police trailer led signs parked all over SEE SOMETHING SaY SOMETHING.......

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far being poor in this country some people are completely unmotivated and just decide to live that way, the good thing is you can always get a job or 2 jobs a 16 hour day pays better, done it a few times and if that doesn't work out get a side hustle anything helps, some people just can't grasp it, people say "there's no jobs" B.S. there's just no jobs you want to do, be willing to do anything even if it's cleaning shit off the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick