They almost got away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, there are 360 dash cam's that will capture live feed and send it to the cloud provided it has some kind of internet connection, my alarm can have a voice add on module to give a verbal warning (pre-programmed), and it has 2 aux button's that can be configured for just about anything but I have mine set to either open the rear hatch or pop the rear glass.
but I would imagine capturing live video will be a available feature in the near future.

Well a Ring just needs 24v and wifi, so if think it's doable.

Yaaaas! Something like a Ring.

I'm thinking something like this:

The alarm detects that someone has been hovering around the vehicle for longer than a predetermined time period and/or has activated a vibration sensor and sends an alert to the owner's phone. When the owner opens an alarm app, they'll see the live video feed with audio. They can speak into the phone and a loudspeaker on the vehicle will broadcast their voice. If the intruder persists, the owner can activate whatever is connected to the alarm's auxiliary channel(s) through the app.

The alarm would have to have it's own cell modem with a service plan and it'd be nice if it also was WiFi-enabled and would automatically jump on a pre-joined WiFi network when that vehicle was in range, such as when parked at home or at work.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sucks that happened, glad they didnt make off w/ your ride.

thieves dont care where you park.
and dont hold your breath on them getting caught.

a prior vehicle that i had got broke into a few times over the years that i worked at one company. i was less than 20 feet from multiple cameras. they used a diff stolen vehicle each time to enter premises. they broke into multiple cars & never got caught.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sucks that happened, glad they didnt make off w/ your ride.

thieves dont care where you park.
and dont hold your breath on them getting caught.

a prior vehicle that i had got broke into a few times over the years that i worked at one company. i was less than 20 feet from multiple cameras. they used a diff stolen vehicle each time to enter premises. they broke into multiple cars & never got caught.
on Saturday I had my phone in my tahoe and it was gone in under 1min..

I going to take my video camera recorder next week and bait the Tahoe with 2$ and a fake iPhone 10 box. on the passenger side.. try to catch the SOB on ... I'll leave the driver side window open with the doors locked and i'll be around the corner with the camera...and force them to open the door and set the alarm off...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
on Saturday I had my phone in my tahoe and it was gone in under 1min..

I going to take my video camera recorder next week and bait the Tahoe with 2$ and a fake iPhone 10 box. on the passenger side.. try to catch the SOB on ... I'll leave the driver side window open with the doors locked and i'll be around the corner with the camera...and force them to open the door and set the alarm off...
Was it unlocked with the windows down?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it unlocked with the windows down?
it was unlocked
I thought I had locked it guess the issue is the flaky remote I have

I will Set up Auto lock...

normally I don't leave my phone in the car... I had been wearing shorts that did not have deep pockets

other wise I leave Nothing of value inside..

There is no real point in locking it as they will just bust the window
and cost more money to buy another window.. then it is to the cost of the old broken phone

the phone was only worth 40$ at the time

now that it is bricked(reported stolen) IMEI & samsung permanently locked (can't be reset to factory setting)and had broken screen worth about 0$ recycle only
Sim card disabled..

it was password and finger print protected

So they stole a phone worth *EXACTLY* 0$

the only thing it will be good for is the time ,EAS and 911 that is about it.. and if you use 911 they can geo locate it

I'm sure i lost some photos of my grandpa before he passed away but i can check my computer if I had backed them up

Luckily I did not repair it as I had Bought a BRAND new phone (exact model) and i was going to swap the parts to make it like new..

it was for verizon but the parts worked on mine since the housing etc.. was the same

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
it was unlocked
I thought I had locked it guess the issue is the flaky remote I have

I will Set up Auto lock...

normally I don't leave my phone in the car... I had been wearing shorts that did not have deep pockets

other wise I leave Nothing of value inside..

There is no real point in locking it as they will just bust the window
and cost more money to buy another window.. then it is to the cost of the old broken phone

the phone was only worth 40$ at the time

now that it is bricked(reported stolen) IMEI & samsung permanently locked (can't be reset to factory setting)and had broken screen worth about 0$ recycle only
Sim card disabled..

it was password and finger print protected

So they stole a phone worth *EXACTLY* 0$

the only thing it will be good for is the time ,EAS and 911 that is about it.. and if you use 911 they can geo locate it

I'm sure i lost some photos of my grandpa before he passed away but i can check my computer if I had backed them up

Luckily I did not repair it as I had Bought a BRAND new phone (exact model) and i was going to swap the parts to make it like new..

it was for verizon but the parts worked on mine since the housing etc.. was the same
Did you leave it in view? I try not to leave anything of value in view.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, there are 360 dash cam's that will capture live feed and send it to the cloud provided it has some kind of internet connection, my alarm can have a voice add on module to give a verbal warning (pre-programmed), and it has 2 aux button's that can be configured for just about anything but I have mine set to either open the rear hatch or pop the rear glass.
but I would imagine capturing live video will be a available feature in the near future.

I hope it sounds like RoboCop and not that English chick from Waze...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it sounds like RoboCop and not that English chick from Waze...
no the voice is a canned response AI'ish male, they do have a newer module that you can customize but I haven't heard it not sure it records your voice or what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans