They almost got away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thebesta94

Reaction score
So, 2 weeks ago i was getting dropped off at my tahoe after work because i had to park on the otherside of the office park... mind you this is in downtown dallas in an office park of multi million dollar companies...

We come around the corner as i see my lights on, my hood get slammed down, and a dude run around and jump in the drivers seat and start to back out.

Luckily the underestimated how wide this thing turns and did not back out far enough... to which he jumped out as i jumped out of my buddys car and he hoped in his friends BMW right as i got to my truck in the middle of the street running and completely ****** up.

Finally got her back today after being in the shop for 2 weeks, but thank god for insurance, $6200 later (only paid 500 deductible).

15 seconds later and she would have been gone, but our cameras in office caught there license plate and just waiting for the call from investigators saying they got them.

Anyway... hope everyone is doing good

20190418_215214.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, 2 weeks ago i was getting dropped off at my tahoe after work because i had to park on the otherside of the office park... mind you this is in downtown dallas in an office park of multi million dollar companies...

We come around the corner as i see my lights on, my hood get slammed down, and a dude run around and jump in the drivers seat and start to back out.

Luckily the underestimated how wide this thing turns and did not back out far enough... to which he jumped out as i jumped out of my buddys car and he hoped in his friends BMW right as i got to my truck in the middle of the street running and completely ****** up.

Finally got her back today after being in the shop for 2 weeks, but thank god for insurance, $6200 later (only paid 500 deductible).

15 seconds later and she would have been gone, but our cameras in office caught there license plate and just waiting for the call from investigators saying they got them.

View attachment 222195
Glad you got there in time. Scumbags... don’t texas have open carry laws....;)

OP
OP
Thebesta94

Thebesta94

Reaction score
Glad you got there in time. Scumbags... don’t texas have open carry laws....;)

I have my concealed weapons license... and normally do carry as im legally allowed to in our office complex.. but had an out of office meeting that day so i didnt bring it....

Trust me its the first thought that ran thru my mind, i reached for mu hip and it wasnt there

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I hope that never happens to mine. Hopefully scumbags like that get what's coming to them. Idk what I'd do if that ever happened to me. I have a good alarm, but if they really want it, they're gonna get it. Do you have an alarm?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 222195
any more pictures>? how did they get around the steering lock and passlock system? normally that's a major pia without special tools

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any more pictures>? how did they get around the steering lock and passlock3 system? normally that's a major pia without special tools
new key at the dealer..

most dealers don't ask for ID to make a new key... I was able to make a Copy of my chipped key without and documentation.. and the rest is EZ to by pass

the steering lock is weak as f&%

as soon as you do the bypass all you need is a plastic key to get it going..

the hybrid Model comes with a Kill switch

the easiest kill switch is the High voltage battery safety fuse plug..

not many car thieves are not willing to spend 100$ for another one..

without the Safety plug it will not start (since it's started by the 330VDC High Voltage battery)
not many are willing to risk touching 330vdc with 200-300 amps(66-99KW) on the circuit..

cough cough flash over.. basically you will be boiled alive in just a few seconds

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thebesta94

Thebesta94

Reaction score
Just ordered a couple dope security features... kill switch, 4g gps tracker thats hooked up on harness so never have to worry about batteries or anything, and a 360 degree dash camera ima run all the time.

And they completely ripped my CPU out and hooked up tye harness to computer for a 2018 chevy silverado... not sure if they used that with chipped key so it recognized key was "in car" to get it to start.

I found a place that will install electric shock door handles that activate when i press a key on fab.... would be awesome but costs like 2k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts