Tell me why I need a Tech 2.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must have missed that online program. Refresh my memory.

I'll let others more knowledgeable than me answer your question in detail. But, I can tell you that I used the online program to program my replacement BCM, when I replaced the original one, and I did not have to install or use any of the supplied software from the Tech 2 purchase on my computer.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to a lot of trouble getting Tis2000 to work, it only runs in XP not Win8 or 10 so you have to run in compatibility mode. Then I found out it’s easier to use the online version for programming so I don’t use Tis2000. Your truck doesn’t need the CanDi module, it’s for the CANBUS systems so yeah hold onto it along with all those other adapters you don’t need.
How do I do the online mode! So I need to subscribe to it?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I do the online mode! So I need to subscribe to it?
Yes it’s $40 to program all the modules for one VIN for 24 months. So don’t subscribe until you’re ready to program a module. If you’re planning on moving up to the GMT900 platform with a different vehicle like you mentioned then obviously wait until you do that. But at $20 a year per VIN it’s cheap.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it’s $40 to program all the modules for one VIN for 24 months. So don’t subscribe until you’re ready to program a module. If you’re planning on moving up to the GMT900 platform with a different vehicle like you mentioned then obviously wait until you do that. But at $20 a year per VIN it’s cheap.
Yeah that’s definitely cheap! I’ll be holding onto that link. Lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tis2000 craps out after xp 32bit, so unless you have a dedicated older computer/laptop or run a xp shell (which is slow as ****) then it's not really worth messing with. I suppose there is a need for certain people but unless you have to use it I wouldn't bother. If you do have to use it I would recommend a older pc with max memory and a ssd hard drive, stock windows xp 32bit, has to have a serial port or usb support for a usb to serial adapter. It's probably going to need service pack 2 as well. tis2000 normally needs a dongle but the crack file fixes that.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is a video I found on using the Tech 2 with TISweb online support from AC Delco

This guy has several good videos on using the Tech 2 for programming, one of which is using TIS2000 without the subscription.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts