Looking for feedback direction on Tech 2 clone purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBIII

Reaction score
It will absolutely be worth the investment. I've saved literally thousands of dollars in diagnostics and repairs, being able to zero in and identify the sources of issues that pop up from time to time and then repair them myself.
I purchased mine for the specific purpose of configuring a new BCM. I took it to dealership to do, as I was told it's something they have to install. Come to find out, it's just for the BCM restraint ID stuff. When I called them back a few months later (I was busy troubleshooting my new airbag/TC lights) and told them that I needed them to finish the job, and provided the SB to them stating this is an issue, she became aggressive and refused to finish it without me paying diag due to it being so long, the tech not remembering what he did, the OTHER tech only knowing how to use MDI, and the fact that I had "aftermarket electronics".. which was an aftermarket headunit.

Once I decided I was sick of her yelling at me and that Dave Cross GMC in Lee's Summit, MO can suck all the dicks, I bought one myself. I'm hoping I can figure out how to resolve now.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased mine for the specific purpose of configuring a new BCM. I took it to dealership to do, as I was told it's something they have to install. Come to find out, it's just for the BCM restraint ID stuff. When I called them back a few months later (I was busy troubleshooting my new airbag/TC lights) and told them that I needed them to finish the job, and provided the SB to them stating this is an issue, she became aggressive and refused to finish it without me paying diag due to it being so long, the tech not remembering what he did, the OTHER tech only knowing how to use MDI, and the fact that I had "aftermarket electronics".. which was an aftermarket headunit.

Once I decided I was sick of her yelling at me and that Dave Cross GMC in Lee's Summit, MO can suck all the dicks, I bought one myself. I'm hoping I can figure out how to resolve now.
I have a great Tech 2 User Guide for specific GM vehicle uses, but the file size is too large to post here. If you would like a copy, PM me with your email address, and I'll see if I can send it to you that way.

CBIII

Reaction score
I have a great Tech 2 User Guide for specific GM vehicle uses, but the file size is too large to post here. If you would like a copy, PM me with your email address, and I'll see if I can send it to you that way.
Sure! I'll message you shortly. I also got a lot of documentation from a few guys over at GMTNation when I posted about my Tech2 woes:

My next stop is my stabilitrack and disabled TCS. Denali had airbags deleted before I got it and I have disconnected sensors, but what I assume controls the autoride are also disconnected, which prob happened when I was putting different springs in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts