A humble request for assistance installing an Android unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedPull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Can someone help me with these questions?

Q 1
I would like to swap this standard car radio (2012 Silverado).
Afbeelding1.jpg
44PIN.gif

with this one:
Afbeelding2.jpg
Afbeelding3.jpg

Q 2
I haven't found the electrical manual for the "rear entertainment" and "car reversing cam" 20-pin connectors yet. Can anyone help me with that, please?

Q 3
How do I connect the "OG car reversing" and "rear entertainment" with the Android radio, if it is even possible? I have all the needed harnesses ready. I just need to solder the correct wires together i guess. To be honest, I've never installed an aftermarket radio before and I'd rather not make any rookie mistakes. That's why I'm asking this question here first to save myself some headaches and precious time.

Thanks in advance!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

My recommendation is to contact Crutchfield by phone and see if they can get you an adapter that will allow you to simply plug and play the new head unit's connectors to the truck's OEM connectors. This will preserve all current head unit functionality (including steering wheel controls, and rear entertainment functionality). No wires to cut/solder, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019