Tech 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
All i have is a windows 7 updated to 10
I had discarded the old desk top with xp professional, still have the hard drive for it..
Start following my saga at post #473. You will need to do that or revert to windows 7 if you want to flash that card. I did it further on in this thread. Go to post #662 for how we flashed a card.

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That refreshed the memory a bit. Step one i dont have or cannot find the "little" disc. That would a setup problem for sure.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You can get it here.

Or maybe someone who doesn’t use their PC has the discs and can send them to you.

You can get the PCMA card with 33.004 on it here.

Does the light on the CANDI flash at all when you try to connect? I had a bad VCIM in my tool and needed a replacement. Connecting to the CANDI took multiple tries.

UncleB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not trying to threadjack here, but seems like this is where the most knowledgeable group is.

Is this what I would be looking at for a 2008 suburban? (looks like with the free shipping, the hard case version is basically the same price as carton pack, unless I missed something) Anyone have experience using one with a Duramax swapped burb?

UncleB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so far so good, connected right away and communicated with all the systems correctly I've tested so far. Just have to go back and forth between Silverado/Suburban to get to the ECM/Anything else.

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get it here.

Or maybe someone who doesn’t use their PC has the discs and can send them to you.

You can get the PCMA card with 33.004 on it here.

Does the light on the CANDI flash at all when you try to connect? I had a bad VCIM in my tool and needed a replacement. Connecting to the CANDI took multiple tries.
Quick update here, the card needed updated or it will not communicate with CANDI. Updated card it all works now, sorry for long delay in relaying this as it may have helped others.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to open an older post but seems the most knowledgeable folks with Tech2 devices run through here. I bought my Tech2 last year and just now getting to reprograming my BCM to enable previously disabled features. Question I have is there is a vin stored in the unit and its not my truck-that sound right? Also, having a hell of a time with TechConnect failures when running in pass-thru mode - getting E9047 error when the SPS site attempts to lock the tool. Has anyone seen this in their quests?

Added bonus - SPS2 website is not pulling my VIN either.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you attempting to use a different VIN than yours to enable other features?

Or reprogramming the same BCM with the same VIN, for a calibration update? Can you manually enter your VIN?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON