Tech 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have replaced it three times. First time it worked for a year or so then quit. Second one worked and then quit so I replaced it. That one worked for a bit then died too. I took it back as warranty. I can’t get the control to do a calibration even if I disconnect the battery overnight. I planned to start a thread in the other vehicles thread when I get my Tech2

GM OE? Dorman are junk.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
First time I tried on my suburban it didn’t work. So I ran the candi diagnostics. It said the candi wasn’t connected. I remade all the connections and it connected and passed the self test. I was able to poke around the modules after that.

Now if I can fix the heat in my wife's truck and then wear my rockauto shirt to bed...
:hump:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tech2 arrived today. Powers up ok.
Does the Candi need to be connected to a vehicle to work? Mine doesn’t do anything powered up at the table. No lights or clicking.

It won't do anything until it's plugged into the OBD port on the truck.

EDIT: late to the party!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Played around with my new Tech2 on our Envoy this morning. It seems to work properly.

I did discover that the issue I had with the VXDIAG was user error and that it probably worked fine. I had the same issues with the Tech2 until I looked at every model available and noted that there was an option for an Envoy way down the list. I was trying to use the S/T model. Oops! Too bad as I liked the idea of using that laptop but Oh, well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played around with my new Tech2 on our Envoy this morning. It seems to work properly.

I did discover that the issue I had with the VXDIAG was user error and that it probably worked fine. I had the same issues with the Tech2 until I looked at every model available and noted that there was an option for an Envoy way down the list. I was trying to use the S/T model. Oops! Too bad as I liked the idea of using that laptop but Oh, well.
I have mine setup on a windows tablet, since it makes the interface touchscreen it's much faster than the tech2

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tech2 arrived today. Powers up ok.
Does the Candi need to be connected to a vehicle to work? Mine doesn’t do anything powered up at the table. No lights or clicking.
Mine will appear to work on the the table. with aux power. and works when plugged in. (in appearance) when i go to diagnostics for vehicle its says it can't find CANDI

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have mine setup on a windows tablet, since it makes the interface touchscreen it's much faster than the tech2
I wish I would have been more patient. I would have figured it out. I was sick with the Rona and working from home with no backup. I wasn’t thinking clearly. So now I have a Tech2 clone and a laptop I am not using. I will use it if I need to use the TIS software and for my BB tune if I ever get to it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have been more patient. I would have figured it out. I was sick with the Rona and working from home with no backup. I wasn’t thinking clearly. So now I have a Tech2 clone and a laptop I am not using. I will use it if I need to use the TIS software and for my BB tune if I ever get to it.
ya I put efi live on the tablet also and when it's hooked up to the autocal it has a interesting interface for monitoring stuff I haven't ever tried doing any tuning but it sure is a neat interface