RST Grill Part #?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelzo

Reaction score
So I went to my local Chevy dealership today....long story but I ended up walking out. Literally useless!
Inquired about getting the RST Grill and fitting it to my 15 Tahoe
Had no idea about an RST (even though they had a couple on the lot). Said it wouldn't fit anything but a 2018. Had no idea on cost to install as I'd have set an appointment with service (this was parts department). Had no idea what the part was. Said it would have to be color matched and sprayed when it arrived (after I told him the part number). AFTER he eventually found it, $700+ ...... I said it was closer to $400 on the official GM website......he said 'well that's online'
The level of zero interest and knowledge (this was 2 men), shocked me. This is no mum and pop joint either, this is giant super store. I walked out and told the GM that the parts department was atrocious.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
/\ Drives me crazy. Have had this happen to me also at some dealers. Then have found others to be very helpful. There are dealers out there that do a big business in parts and accessories on line and they can discount because of the volume. Most could care less.

17 Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree. There are alot of tight turns to wrap. Had mine done 3 months ago and although they did a good job I can see some areas starting to lift now. The guy told be it would eventually peel. I paid $250 for the wrap including light eyebrows.

View attachment 190851
Is the grille one piece or two?

17 Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks!
I have a 2017 Premier with the chrome grille. Thinking of changing it to the 2018 RST black grille. My understading is the 2018 grille will fit a 2017. Struggling with what to do with the chrome headlight eyebrows. My understanding is the eyebrows are part of the headlight assembly. Leave them chrome, paint black, vinyl? Thoughts and suggestions?
Thanks.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to my local Chevy dealership today....long story but I ended up walking out. Literally useless!
Inquired about getting the RST Grill and fitting it to my 15 Tahoe
Had no idea about an RST (even though they had a couple on the lot). Said it wouldn't fit anything but a 2018. Had no idea on cost to install as I'd have set an appointment with service (this was parts department). Had no idea what the part was. Said it would have to be color matched and sprayed when it arrived (after I told him the part number). AFTER he eventually found it, $700+ ...... I said it was closer to $400 on the official GM website......he said 'well that's online'
The level of zero interest and knowledge (this was 2 men), shocked me. This is no mum and pop joint either, this is giant super store. I walked out and told the GM that the parts department was atrocious.

Sad. Day I picked up my 16 suburban I went to parts to inquire about the cost of the Borla exhaust. Guy at counter had no clue. Called someone else over. Neither had ever heard of Borla. They asked me to spell Borla. After 15 minutes of them going through books they took my cell and said they’d call me. They never called. I couldn’t believe it.

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! :signs8:
I actually had it in my shopping cart and was about to checkout but then I remembered...........................I already have a black grill :dogpile:

dx5i0001-edit-jpg.78288
She is a beauty!!

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She is a beauty!!

Thank you. I really want to remove those side moldings on the doors, but this hoe is my daily driver and no matter where I park there's always someone that parks next to me that doesn't know how to open their door. These moldings have saved my door panels many times.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad. Day I picked up my 16 suburban I went to parts to inquire about the cost of the Borla exhaust. Guy at counter had no clue. Called someone else over. Neither had ever heard of Borla. They asked me to spell Borla. After 15 minutes of them going through books they took my cell and said they’d call me. They never called. I couldn’t believe it.

Wow! Unbelievable! Not familiar with RST grill??? MMMMmmaybe....since it's relatively new. But Borla!?!?! That's just wrong AND sad.

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I really want to remove those side moldings on the doors, but this hoe is my daily driver and no matter where I park there's always someone that parks next to me that doesn't know how to open their door. These moldings have saved my door panels many times.
Yeah I hear ya people cant seem to park right and have zero respect for other peoples vehicles... what drop is that? How's the ride?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157