RST Grill Part #?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadowchaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to buy this grille ,car look completely different.Thanks for posting pictures!!!!

theabacusking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I spent a few hours yesterday working with my buddy that owns a body shop on listing out all the parts to do the RST grille and trim. Most frustrating part: the stupid head light trim is only attached to the head light assembly by 3 bolts, can be removed in minutes, but can’t be separately purchased. Nope, only comes as part of the $1200 per light assembly. Dumb.

boosting1bar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I spent a few hours yesterday working with my buddy that owns a body shop on listing out all the parts to do the RST grille and trim. Most frustrating part: the stupid head light trim is only attached to the head light assembly by 3 bolts, can be removed in minutes, but can’t be separately purchased. Nope, only comes as part of the $1200 per light assembly. Dumb.

I just swapped my headlights out for black aftermarket versions that have black internals as well. About $375 for both and big upgrade in looks in my opinion. But yeah I agree, it's dumb you can't buy just that piece. If you're going to all that trouble of disassembling them just have your friend paint them.

Last edited:

theabacusking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just swapped my headlights out for black aftermarket versions that have black internals as well. About $375 for both and big upgrade in looks in my opinion. But yeah I agree, it's dumb you can't buy just that piece. If you're going to all that trouble of disassembling them just have your friend paint them.

That’s what we’re planning to do at this point, just a little worried that the paint won’t stick as well to the chrome as the factory ones. Best option at this point though.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Got any photos of the headlights you out in?

Or a link to where you bought them?

boosting1bar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got any photos of the headlights you out in?

Or a link to where you bought them?

Truck is at the shop getting suspension put on currently, I'll get some pics when I get it back. I installed the lights and it was dark and pouring the rain when I finished so I didn't bother taking pics haha.

These are the headlights I got, ignore those pics in the sidebar of the link they don't have any crazy LEDs or that nonsense in them.

https://www.carid.com/2017-chevy-tahoe-headlights/lumen-projector-led-headlights-576669902.html

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is at the shop getting suspension put on currently, I'll get some pics when I get it back. I installed the lights and it was dark and pouring the rain when I finished so I didn't bother taking pics haha.

These are the headlights I got, ignore those pics in the sidebar of the link they don't have any crazy LEDs or that nonsense in them.

https://www.carid.com/2017-chevy-tahoe-headlights/lumen-projector-led-headlights-576669902.html
How long have you had the Lumen lights installed and how is the light output?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ve been very curious about those but never saw much with regards to reviews. Please post some photos once you get the truck back as I’d love to see them on.

How was the light output when you put them on. Did you choose any of the light upgrades when purchasing?

boosting1bar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been very curious about those but never saw much with regards to reviews. Please post some photos once you get the truck back as I’d love to see them on.

How was the light output when you put them on. Did you choose any of the light upgrades when purchasing?

It was dark again last night when I got home so here's a quick snap this morning when I was walking into work. I changed over to LED bulbs and the light output is surprisingly good to be honest. They messed up my order so I got them to throw a set of the high and low beam LEDs in to try out. In my experience in the past LED bulbs are ****** headlights so I didn't expect much but these are actually quite bright, certainly brighter than my halogens were.

The housings themselves I'm torn on. The build quality seems good, no obvious issues that I could see. Fit is fair, I've seen better and I've seen worse. They're not bad enough that I would send them back but they're also not perfect either. The biggest thing I notice is around the outside edges there's a small gap. I don't think the majority of people would notice and honestly when I looked at it in the light this morning it's not near as much as I thought. The cutoff pattern of the low beam projectors is excellent, after a bit of aiming last night they look great. The only problem I have is that the turn indicators on both sides don't work which I don't think was the case when I put them in. I need to check to see if there is a plug or something that manages that because i believe I plugged everything back in but it was late and I was trying to finish in the rain. The highs, lows, DRLs and park lights work so I wonder if I just missed something.

Anyway, here's the pic and once I get a day off I'll take and post some better ones.

IMG_20180403_070418.jpg

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look really good on the truck! It looks like the trim above the headlights is a gloss black, is that right?