RST Grill Part #?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to my local Chevy dealership today....long story but I ended up walking out. Literally useless!
Inquired about getting the RST Grill and fitting it to my 15 Tahoe
Had no idea about an RST (even though they had a couple on the lot). Said it wouldn't fit anything but a 2018. Had no idea on cost to install as I'd have set an appointment with service (this was parts department). Had no idea what the part was. Said it would have to be color matched and sprayed when it arrived (after I told him the part number). AFTER he eventually found it, $700+ ...... I said it was closer to $400 on the official GM website......he said 'well that's online'
The level of zero interest and knowledge (this was 2 men), shocked me. This is no mum and pop joint either, this is giant super store. I walked out and told the GM that the parts department was atrocious.

Well, coming from someone who just did it on their 2015, I can tell you it’s a direct bolt on.

White is a PIA to match for the eyebrows above the headlights. If it were black, I would have no problem with wrapping that little bit of trim. I tried to match so many different whites, so I did it the right way and had them painted to match.

I work with a great parts guy at the dealer.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya people cant seem to park right and have zero respect for other peoples vehicles... what drop is that? How's the ride?

2/4 drop with mcgaughy's front spindles and belltech's rear springs. Rides great considering drop and 24" wheels.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I have a 2017 Premier with the chrome grille. Thinking of changing it to the 2018 RST black grille. My understading is the 2018 grille will fit a 2017. Struggling with what to do with the chrome headlight eyebrows. My understanding is the eyebrows are part of the headlight assembly. Leave them chrome, paint black, vinyl? Thoughts and suggestions?
Thanks.
I would rap the eyebrows gloss black. Simple...

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad. Day I picked up my 16 suburban I went to parts to inquire about the cost of the Borla exhaust. Guy at counter had no clue. Called someone else over. Neither had ever heard of Borla. They asked me to spell Borla. After 15 minutes of them going through books they took my cell and said they’d call me. They never called. I couldn’t believe it.

I had one dealer say it has to be factory installed and another dealer say it can ONLY be dealer installed. Go figure. I still don’t know which is the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinvin7716

Reaction score
At my local dealer atm getting the black rst grill installed. Let’s see how it goes. $866 parts n labor. I tried to do the front end wrap myself but it was never going to be perfect so I took it off. Was about 2 hrs going really slow and trying to be meticulous too.

Guess I’m paying for piece of mind knowing it won’t rip or tear down the road. Did not want to waste my time trying to rewrap it in the future.

Turned out good. Took tech about an hr. Gotta black out The outside of Chevy emblem and the aluminum underbody panel.I’ll grt pics up once it’s done. Dunno what else mod wise to do after this lol.. maybe an air filter. But meh can’t do much anymore Besides whipple.

Last edited:

boosting1bar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone able to find this grille in stock anywhere? I just tried 5 different websites and they all said it's backordered with no estimate on availability. I'm looking for the black one #84245982

Vinvin7716

Reaction score
Ordered from my Chevy dealer sat. Came in Wednesday, Installed Thursday. Parts guy said he found 5 in stock from a dealer in Michigan. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts