Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I had to go back through your thread to see what they did to your engine bay... Different than mine. My coolant overflow is going where the intake box/filter was. The battery will go between the overflow and intake, and then my fuse box was moved closer to the motor...

Not my pic, but this is what it's looking like. It's an entire relocation kit from Reklez.

maxresdefault.jpg
where is the MAF?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I had to go back through your thread to see what they did to your engine bay... Different than mine. My coolant overflow is going where the intake box/filter was. The battery will go between the overflow and intake, and then my fuse box was moved closer to the motor...

Not my pic, but this is what it's looking like. It's an entire relocation kit from Reklez.

maxresdefault.jpg

My battery is down in the front center low, behind the bumper. What I don’t like about that setup is where the air intake is, right behind the radiator where the air is the hottest. Looks pretty clean though. I’ve been looking at a billet overflow tank to make mine look a bit better, and maybe a better CAI.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting, must have pcv hose there also?
Just a band, about an inch wide, enough for clamps. The filter is rubber so it attaches to the MAF with a clamp. Then you just need the band for the other side to attach the MAF to the intake. You can see the MAF in that pic if you zoom in, but that pic is also not formatted right. It’s “squished” so it looks shallow front to back and stretched side to side.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My battery is down in the front center low, behind the bumper. What I don’t like about that setup is where the air intake is, right behind the radiator where the air is the hottest. Looks pretty clean though. I’ve been looking at a billet overflow tank to make mine look a bit better, and maybe a better CAI.

yeah, I think I'm going to have a friend make an intake tube to go straight down and then bend to go in front of the passenger side wheel

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m also trying to keep the area where your battery is available for en EDC in case I ever decide to go that route. There’s a couple companies who make mounts for the passenger side so you can keep the ac compressor. https://goatbuilt.com/product/gm-ls-truck-york-air-compressor-mount-passenger-side/

I had an EDC on my 05 Silvy and never liked it. I like having dual compressors so if something quits, you still have 1 going. Never fun with the EDC going out. I had a spare that I used, but it stunk swapping them on the highway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727