Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the NGK Ruthenium plugs last night, ran like shit on the way to and from work today. It’s showing massive misfires on #8. Of course that’s the hardest to get to, so I pulled the wheel and fender liner on that side tonight (again- had to pull both sides last night) and thought I got the wire seated better. Put it all back together, went for a ride. Same damn thing. I can’t drive to work again with it like this so I’m taking tomorrow off to fix it. I ordered the Accel ceramic wires but won’t get them until Wednesday. Don’t know if it’s the wires or plug. The eBay wires I bought are a ***** to put on, plus I’m not sure if I trust the quality. I’ll ohm them out tomorrow. I have some others I can use in the interim if needed, plus I bought another set of cheap copper NGK TR6 plugs if the unobtaniums are the problem. All this, and it starts the same- won’t fire up and idle most of the time without giving it some gas, then i5 idles fine. So it wasn’t even the plugs that was causing it. Ordered fuel filter, BG 44k injector cleaner and MAF cleaner. Then my dryer quit on me tonight and while tearing that apart to diagnose it (broken belt) my Levi’s 501’s tore at the crotch so I ordered another pair. Amazon loves me today. FML.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the NGK Ruthenium plugs last night, ran like shit on the way to and from work today. It’s showing massive misfires on #8. Of course that’s the hardest to get to, so I pulled the wheel and fender liner on that side tonight (again- had to pull both sides last night) and thought I got the wire seated better. Put it all back together, went for a ride. Same damn thing. I can’t drive to work again with it like this so I’m taking tomorrow off to fix it. I ordered the Accel ceramic wires but won’t get them until Wednesday. Don’t know if it’s the wires or plug. The eBay wires I bought are a ***** to put on, plus I’m not sure if I trust the quality. I’ll ohm them out tomorrow. I have some others I can use in the interim if needed, plus I bought another set of cheap copper NGK TR6 plugs if the unobtaniums are the problem. All this, and it starts the same- won’t fire up and idle most of the time without giving it some gas, then i5 idles fine. So it wasn’t even the plugs that was causing it. Ordered fuel filter, BG 44k injector cleaner and MAF cleaner. Then my dryer quit on me tonight and while tearing that apart to diagnose it (broken belt) my Levi’s 501’s tore at the crotch so I ordered another pair. Amazon loves me today. FML.
:uhoh2:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn man. Sucks.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is why I always stick with ACDelco plugs in my Chevy's. Never had any luck with NGK in an LS based motor.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is why I always stick with ACDelco plugs in my Chevy's. Never had any luck with NGK in an LS based motor.
I’ve been running their copper TR6’s since installing the blower without any issues. It’s always been the plug wires burning from the headers. The problem with AC Delco is finding ones for my engine with a colder heat range that I need to run with the blower.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, AC Delco plugs are made by NGK now.
Even the ones that are stated to be "GM Original Equipment"? I know there are certain levels and whatnot so just curious. I was not aware that NGK was now making the ACDelco plugs so this is news to me :)

In either event, I've rarely heard good things about NGK in an LS based engine. With that said, I have run NGK in a Saturn and a Corolla and they've performed well so I'm not knocking NGK at all. Just some engines are more picky than others with regard to what you throw in them.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Even the ones that are stated to be "GM Original Equipment"? I know there are certain levels and whatnot so just curious. I was not aware that NGK was now making the ACDelco plugs so this is news to me :)

In either event, I've rarely heard good things about NGK in an LS based engine. With that said, I have run NGK in a Saturn and a Corolla and they've performed well so I'm not knocking NGK at all. Just some engines are more picky than others with regard to what you throw in them.

I'm with you... I've always ran AC Delco plugs in all my GMs... wouldn't have even considered running anything else until someone on here posted about NGK making the Delco plugs now... I didn't believe it at first but after digging around and researching it a bit I discovered that they were right.

As far as the different versions of the Delco plugs, like "GM original equipment"... I don't know for sure... do a little digging and let us know what you come up with.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you... I've always ran AC Delco plugs in all my GMs... wouldn't have even considered running anything else until someone on here posted about NGK making the Delco plugs now... I didn't believe it at first but after digging around and researching it a bit I discovered that they were right.

As far as the different versions of the Delco plugs, like "GM original equipment"... I don't know for sure... do a little digging and let us know what you come up with.
Do you know how I can find an ac Delco plug for my lq4 that’s one heat range colder than stock?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Do you know how I can find an ac Delco plug for my lq4 that’s one heat range colder than stock?

I've never tried to look for one since my Burb isn't boosted.

Just a quick search turned up this... AC Delco 41-810... as the TR6 equivalent.

NGK TR6 - Cross Reference | sparkplug-crossreference.com
https://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/NGK_PN/TR6

Also Rock Auto lists a bunch of different plugs for a 2010 Corvette ZR-1 including the NGK TR6... they also list heat ranges in the more info section of each plug although I'm not certain how accurate they are.

2010 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 6.2L V8 Supercharged Spark Plug | RockAuto
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...supercharged,1444467,ignition,spark+plug,7212

I know your engine is a 6.0 but that shouldn't make a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog