Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never tried to look for one since my Burb isn't boosted.

Just a quick search turned up this... AC Delco 41-810... as the TR6 equivalent.

NGK TR6 - Cross Reference | sparkplug-crossreference.com
https://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/NGK_PN/TR6

Also Rock Auto lists a bunch of different plugs for a 2010 Corvette ZR-1 including the NGK TR6... they also list heat ranges in the more info section of each plug although I'm not certain how accurate they are.

2010 CHEVROLET CORVETTE 6.2L V8 Supercharged Spark Plug | RockAuto
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...supercharged,1444467,ignition,spark+plug,7212

I know your engine is a 6.0 but that shouldn't make a difference.
The 41-810 also cross references with the TR6 and the TR4-2 though which means the heat range isn’t specified. The ACDelco 41-104 is mentioned in the Corvette forum as the same heat range as the TR6 but I have no proof, just one guys word.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is why I always stick with ACDelco plugs in my Chevy's. Never had any luck with NGK in an LS based motor.

I've changed the plugs on two trucks that were bought new (by my dad so I know they hadn't been changed), and they had NGK on one side and AC Delco on the other. I just buy whichever out of the two are cheaper that the time.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just changed to new TR6’s on the passenger side, pulled the wires and ohmed them out ( they checked fine) and then tried plugging them onto some old plugs. That #8 wire didn’t want to click onto the plug until I worked it on and off a few times. I made sure they all clicked on good, moved that wire onto #4 and threw the wheel on and took it for a drive with new copper plugs on one side and the unobtanium ones on the other side. It’s running like a ***** ape again. I’m gonna go ahead and put the new ruthenium plugs on and test drive it again. If it’s still running good I’ll reinstall the fender liner and when the new wires come I’ll just hold onto them. And next time I mess with plugs or wires I’ll do it on Saturday so I’ll have time to make sure it’s running good before Monday. No more Sunday night plug changes for The Beast. It’s just too hard to do in a hurry.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok it’s official- The Beast does NOT like the Ruthenium plugs. I have worn myself out with this experiment. If anybody wants a set of these plugs, pay me for shipping and they’re yours. I reinstalled them on the passenger side, made absolutely sure the wires clicked onto both the plugs and coils ( the #8 wire was now on #2) , threw the wheel AND the liner on because I was so sure it was the wires causing the problem, and went for a test drive. Running like shit again, Tech2 shows it’s #8 again. Came back, pulled the wheel and liner, reinstalled the TR6’s, installed the wheel only, went for a test drive, running awesome again. Came back, pulled the wheel, reinstalled the liner and wheel. ****. Now there were rutheniums on the driver side and I figured it was a matter of time before it decided it didn’t like them so I pulled that wheel and liner, installed the other 4 new TR6’s, and the wheel only. Not taking chances. Went for a test drive....running awesome. BTW there’s a few houses out in the countryside here that are glad I’m done testing lol. WOT throttle pulls in this truck are LOUD. Came back, pulled the wheel, reinstalled the liner and wheel. DONE. The Beast likes TR6’s, good old cheap copper plugs. I lost track of how many times I’ve pulled the front wheels and liners in the last 2 days. My neighbors think I’m crazier than normal.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t get enough abuse so I thought I’d replace the fuel filter that Amazon delivered today. I usually YouTube this shit just to refresh my memory in case there’s anything I forgot but I figured, it’s just a fuel filter. Remove the fuel pump relay, start the truck and let it run until it dies. That removes all the pressure, right? Apparently not. I unscrewed one of the lines and it looked loose but wouldn’t come off the filter so I repositioned my head right under it with the work light shining on it so I could see real good and wiggled the line a bit and then it let loose. And the gas hit me right in my eyes. Luckily I was wearing my glasses but it still hit my eyes pretty good. Blinded and not wanting to open my eyes since I could feel it burning, I blindly climbed out from under the truck and wandered into the garage. I felt around until I found a roll of paper towels. Oh man that hurt. All I could do was laugh it off. Been a rough day. Fuel filter change complete. :boxed:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t get enough abuse so I thought I’d replace the fuel filter that Amazon delivered today. I usually YouTube this shit just to refresh my memory in case there’s anything I forgot but I figured, it’s just a fuel filter. Remove the fuel pump relay, start the truck and let it run until it dies. That removes all the pressure, right? Apparently not. I unscrewed one of the lines and it looked loose but wouldn’t come off the filter so I repositioned my head right under it with the work light shining on it so I could see real good and wiggled the line a bit and then it let loose. And the gas hit me right in my eyes. Luckily I was wearing my glasses but it still hit my eyes pretty good. Blinded and not wanting to open my eyes since I could feel it burning, I blindly climbed out from under the truck and wandered into the garage. I felt around until I found a roll of paper towels. Oh man that hurt. All I could do was laugh it off. Been a rough day. Fuel filter change complete. :boxed:
Sonofa!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok it’s official- The Beast does NOT like the Ruthenium plugs. I have worn myself out with this experiment. If anybody wants a set of these plugs, pay me for shipping and they’re yours. I reinstalled them on the passenger side, made absolutely sure the wires clicked onto both the plugs and coils ( the #8 wire was now on #2) , threw the wheel AND the liner on because I was so sure it was the wires causing the problem, and went for a test drive. Running like shit again, Tech2 shows it’s #8 again. Came back, pulled the wheel and liner, reinstalled the TR6’s, installed the wheel only, went for a test drive, running awesome again. Came back, pulled the wheel, reinstalled the liner and wheel. ****. Now there were rutheniums on the driver side and I figured it was a matter of time before it decided it didn’t like them so I pulled that wheel and liner, installed the other 4 new TR6’s, and the wheel only. Not taking chances. Went for a test drive....running awesome. BTW there’s a few houses out in the countryside here that are glad I’m done testing lol. WOT throttle pulls in this truck are LOUD. Came back, pulled the wheel, reinstalled the liner and wheel. DONE. The Beast likes TR6’s, good old cheap copper plugs. I lost track of how many times I’ve pulled the front wheels and liners in the last 2 days. My neighbors think I’m crazier than normal.
Damn. A lot of work to find out the Beast wants you to change plugs every 5k miles eh..? Weak..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu