Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plastics look good! That trim+tire gel is awesome stuff!
Yes it is. Now I’m not sure how this is going to work out in the long run but I figured wth...I was doing the tires and that stuff is thick as hell so after trying to keep it off the wheels as I was getting it in the area around the bead, of course a bit got on a wheel. I tried wiping it off but it seemed to make the wheel look good. As in really good. They’re satin black but not as black as when they were new. I went ahead and applied the gel and wiped them off good. I guess we’ll see what it looks in days or weeks.

8ACE6DB9-4C9F-496A-8861-DBAD2B842D46.jpeg AFE3FBB2-A401-4D8F-832D-76A1E5639E2D.jpeg DF663822-A195-4C4B-9EE3-8A3C6F3D15B8.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. Now I’m not sure how this is going to work out in the long run but I figured wth...I was doing the tires and that stuff is thick as hell so after trying to keep it off the wheels as I was getting it in the area around the bead, of course a bit got on a wheel. I tried wiping it off but it seemed to make the wheel look good. As in really good. They’re satin black but not as black as when they were new. I went ahead and applied the gel and wiped them off good. I guess we’ll see what it looks in days or weeks.

View attachment 231845 View attachment 231846 View attachment 231847
Yup it can be used on satin finished wheels.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I tried a couple of new to me products on the windshield- Nu Glass cleaner , to remove the Rain-X and prep the glass for Aquapel. The Nu Glass is a paste kinda like glass stove top cleaner, where you use it to polish out anything on the glass. It takes out water spots too if you do 2-3 applications with a bit of elbow grease. I used 2 applications on the windshield. Then came the Aquapel and I didn’t read the part of the instructions where it said to pop the cartridge OVER AND PARALLEL TO THE WINDSHIELD lol. I did it off to the side and some dripped onto the ground so I had to run and grab a second one after the first ran out. I did read the part where it says to immediately wipe with a paper towel though or you’ll have to buff the haze off. So I immediately went from running in the house to grab the second applicator to running in circles chasing the pup who had of course stolen the paper towels. I looked like a crazed mad man for a bit there. Nothing new to my neighbors though lmao. I sure hope this works.

9E2CD66D-BD94-4DC0-8BDD-4D11314EB6D2.jpeg

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I immediately went from running in the house to grab the second applicator to running in circles chasing the pup who had of course stolen the paper towels. I looked like a crazed mad man for a bit there. Nothing new to my neighbors though lmao.

View attachment 232011

[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else use Aquapel? Even after using 2 cartridges it looks streaky. I wiped and wiped and wiped with paper towels. Then after a couple hours it still looked streaky so I wiped with dry towels again, then used glass cleaner and still streaky looking.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of aquapel....
My windshield somehow managed to develop a new crack and I’m pissed. It had a tiny one in it when I bought the truck and I had safelight seal it. But it’s always been there bugging me. Now that there’s a new crack I have an excuse to get a new windshield. It’s on the to do list shortly and when the new one gets installed I’m going to ceramic coat it with hydro slick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160