Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The color match of the Automotive Touchup was perfect. The old handles had looked terrible for a long time. They're like new now. Anybody that's thought about painting theirs , all I can say is do it. Removing them, disassembling and painting isn't that hard. It was way easier than I thought. The rear handles are real easy to get to the 3 bolts, the fronts have one that's a bit hard but if you roll the window down a couple inches you can see it and a 10 mm standard socket fits on it, behind the glass. You have to smash the ends on the pin on the handle itself to disassemble it, and replace with a bolt and I used nylock nuts.

IMG_9904.JPG IMG_9906.JPG IMG_9920.JPG IMG_9942.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get my rear handles that I bought re painted. But I’m dragging my feet on disassembling them. Because I know I’m gonna screw it up and break them as I’ve never disassembled the door handles before... ugh...

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I removed my roof rack crossbars today. I’m going to CM them after seeing what they look like on @adventurenali92 ’s truck. But it looks so much cleaner without them that Ill probably leave them off afterward and just install them when I need them. I might not even CM them, since I’ve only needed to use them twice in the last few years. Sure will be easier to wash the roof, I hate them being in the way. Decisions.

5EE1E7B3-5689-4C33-A7E4-37109A74ABB6.jpeg F8A1C605-7B08-47B1-86A1-AC69C6865A9E.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed my roof rack crossbars today. I’m going to CM them after seeing what they look like on @adventurenali92 ’s truck. But it looks so much cleaner without them that Ill probably leave them off afterward and just install them when I need them. I might not even CM them, since I’ve only needed to use them twice in the last few years. Sure will be easier to wash the roof, I hate them being in the way. Decisions.

View attachment 232656 View attachment 232657
I color matched mine before even thinking about having to put stuff up there... I was like oops... but I’ve never had to use my roof racks either. So there’s that. Although I did grab a couple of pool noodles and cut them to the length of my cross rails and then put a cut in them down the middle so I can slide them over my cross rails. Just in case I ever have to set anything up there.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I color matched mine before even thinking about having to put stuff up there... I was like oops... but I’ve never had to use my roof racks either. So there’s that. Although I did grab a couple of pool noodles and cut them to the length of my cross rails and then put a cut in them down the middle so I can slide them over my cross rails. Just in case I ever have to set anything up there.
That’s a great idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins