Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I got the reps installed today. One of the wheels has a slight out-of-round condition which was discovered after the tire was mounted. I looked at it while they spun it up and it looked OK, the lip just barely moves. I asked Factory Reproductions about it and they said if it causes vibrations they will replace it but my friend who owns the tire shop and me both agreed it should be fine. I'll get on a freeway tomorrow and check for sure. Anyway, not bad for winter wheels.View attachment 185771 View attachment 185772 View attachment 185773 View attachment 185774 View attachment 185775

Love it. Just an FYI, when that little red spot wears off the tire, it might slow down a little.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn, thats a nice set of winter wheels. i love the way 22's look on these NBS'. It just feels right to me. 24's look great as well. But i generally like 22's on trucks and 19's on cars. Looks great, Mark!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the reps installed today. One of the wheels has a slight out-of-round condition which was discovered after the tire was mounted. I looked at it while they spun it up and it looked OK, the lip just barely moves. I asked Factory Reproductions about it and they said if it causes vibrations they will replace it but my friend who owns the tire shop and me both agreed it should be fine. I'll get on a freeway tomorrow and check for sure. Anyway, not bad for winter wheels.

Good to hear

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit the freeway this morning and did a couple runs up to 90. Wheels are smooth as silk, no vibrations at all. So that makes me happy, I don't need to worry about sending a wheel back. I didn't think it was going to be a problem but there was that little thought in the back of my head saying " what if". It was a 55 zone and there was traffic so I didn't get the 120 MPH test done yet but if it doesn't shimmy at 90 I'm sure I'll be ok.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit the freeway this morning and did a couple runs up to 90. Wheels are smooth as silk, no vibrations at all. So that makes me happy, I don't need to worry about sending a wheel back. I didn't think it was going to be a problem but there was that little thought in the back of my head saying " what if". It was a 55 zone and there was traffic so I didn't get the 120 MPH test done yet but if it doesn't shimmy at 90 I'm sure I'll be ok.

9cf0fd6ac42c--thank-you-god-quotes-thank-you-jesus.jpg

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More posts deleted.

No more off topic posts in this thread.

Last warning.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Sorry guys. Wont happen again. Pm me for details or questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bison1

Latest posts