Replace 5.3 l59 with this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For another 300 bucks you could get the Jegs crate engine that makes 460hp....if your going to do it...send it!

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Old wild land firefighter
Reaction score
You know I thought the same thing... so I am going for the extra hp. Just about ready to pull the trigger. Have ordered cast iron header from ****** and all the parts for it. Should come this Friday. Then after I get the ac sucked out and the fuel injection bled, I think I’ll start disassembly. A little apprehensive but excited to do a major upgrade. I’ll keep you all posted. Been reading a lot.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
So I’m looking at a recommendation of injectors at 35 lbs @ 58 psi for lm7 460 hp. My current injectors are 33 lbs./hr. @ 50 psi, Return Style (2002-04). Will the original injectors work or will it starve the motor of fuel? Can the small amount of difference between the two be a big deal? Sorry newbie.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m looking at a recommendation of injectors at 35 lbs @ 58 psi for lm7 460 hp. My current injectors are 33 lbs./hr. @ 50 psi, Return Style (2002-04). Will the original injectors work or will it starve the motor of fuel? Can the small amount of difference between the two be a big deal? Sorry newbie.
You should likely consult the company from which you are buying the engine. If nothing else, failing to meet spec can be a reason for them to deny you warranty coverage.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should likely consult the company from which you are buying the engine. If nothing else, failing to meet spec can be a reason for them to deny you warranty coverage.
X2 find out what they want you to use for injectors. Any reason a company can find to deny warranty they will use against you. Been there done that with equipment at work.
Email them and get the answer in writing so if something does happen you have info showing what they told you to use.

List you need.
Injectors
Fuel pump volume requirements
Spark Plugs
Weight of oil
See if they have a specific brand they want you to use. ( or to avoid)
That's all I can think of at this point

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
I did order the motor and the injectors were on the list. As I kept investigating I keep running up against bad reviews from just that. The warranty. I couldn’t keep going so I backed out and am going in a different direction, my original plan was headers ,cam and cold air system. That what I’m going to do. You would think a brand new motor would be run by the manufacturer to seat everything. I’ve been burned before. Just had a bad feeling. Thanks folks.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
Just to catch up. Have removed fuel rails injectors intake manifold harmonic balancer spark plugs exhaust sensors. Cut exhaust at the down tube. Tomorrow timing cover tdc then off with the heads just like a prom dress.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
Today took off valley cover and knock sensors. Back sensor was nasty,rusted. Drop driver side exhaust manifold to get at head bolts. Considered just yankn the motor. Once I got the head off ,probably stay the course and redo heads. Need to get pass side off. Quite the learning experience.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t have to evacuate ac to swap engines. Just de mount the compressor and tie it and lines off to side. Same for p/s pump and lines.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
I was going to swap motors, so I had the ac sucked out. It’s been 16 years since I’ve had any service to air con, so i figured it was time. Same with brake fluid, boy you wouldn’t believe the stank and color, looked like swamp water. So I’m leaving motor in, the only problem besides being a contortionist is the oil filter pan tube. Hope it doesn’t drop and I have to drop pan.
Removing pass side head today, so I can yank lifters and maybe get to cam install. .050 218 int 227 exh lobe 112 .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts