Replace 5.3 l59 with this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Old wild land firefighter
Reaction score
Removing old exhaust. Both downtubes and cats same diameter, just going to put coupler on and not weld. Hard to find shop close that welds stainless. Should have it pretty close today. Will definitely post after getting it done.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
Put magnaflow catback on, hanging loose till I get new headers. The black cats were for a two wheel drive. Got under there to put the down tube on and it would run into front driveline. It’s ok . Took the headers off today, this will give me time to put catch can on. Chomping at the bit man. Maybe this weekend. Getting the original flanges welded back on to y pipe. So everything will look stock and bolt right on to new headers.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
Whoa headers came today. Hurried with catch can and then installed passenger side header. Have to wait for dip stick tube to show Friday. Will install rest of exhaust tomorrow. I'll go back and redo hose for catch can from on top a little wonky.

20210203_153457.jpg 20210203_153439.jpg

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
I couldn’t get the nuts off. Even after I removed exhaust manifold and in vise, soaked with pb still had a bear of a time getting the nuts off. So I thought I was not going to use that part (flange) anyway so I sawed em off.
Should have other side (header) done today and y pipe mounted. Dip stick needs to be replaced. I’m going to fire that mother today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879