Thinking of Buying a 91-99 OBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buz

Reaction score
Is that the latest version of the fel-pro gasket? Read somewhere they upgraded it! Appreciate the quick response

Douglas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
running a 1999 hoe got 221000 miles rear end does clunck will investigate this issue over weekend new motor trans and transfer case last year center console latch broken factory radio the balance fade knobes never used have broken hood release broken fixed from doner have a tailgate rear glass rattles all door hinges fall apart quick connect heater hose replaced at intake with pipe head and tail lights updated seal front diff getting wet fun stuff thinking of installing lift to go through all work for that seal lol window switch only drivers side won't roll up sometimes love her the body style instant classic latest heater core wouldn't want to drive anything else

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updated , If anyone has anything else post it and let me know

Green97Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about the engine oil cooler lines? I've replaced mine 4 times since I've owned my 97 Tahoe. Different brands each time, including the ultra-expensive OEM. None last very long.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread. I've experienced, or still live with, many of the issues listed. Here's some more from my 96

OEM Radiator failure from the metal flanges on the plastic end tank/coolers
Orange coolant gunk issues (worsened by low coolant level / leaking rad.)
Front wheel ABS sensor failure, causing degraded brake response during emergency braking, and eventually causing ABS to go off for no reason at all.

Dealer didn't find ABS issue for years. It was still under factory warranty when I first noticed it. Was fixed by replacing the driver front wheel ABS sensor.

I've been sending my mechanically inclined Dad pics of some of the work I've done over the last couple years so i have a bit of a record.

Pic of gunk from manifold leak above passenger side of water pump. Still not fixed.
chevymanifoldleak.jpg

Rusty radiator flange on plastic end tank warmer/cooler, drivers side/engine oil
chevyradfailure.jpg

Orange coolant (Dexkill?) gunk on, likely original, thermostat
chevyoldstat-nastycoolant.jpg

Old and new coolant temp and gauge temp sensors and thermostat showing coolant residue
chevynewsensors-vs-old.jpg

Here's a pic of the replacement rad and new fan clutch, just because
chevynewrad.jpg

Last edited:

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I mention the Multifunction Switch (Turn signal switch) that insists on constantly ticking, even though turn signal is is not selected!

1997 Yukon GT

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about the engine oil cooler lines? I've replaced mine 4 times since I've owned my 97 Tahoe. Different brands each time, including the ultra-expensive OEM. None last very long.

This is a good one. I dont have permissions at the moment to update this thread but it is in need of a refresh due to its age and with 40k views ill see if i can get in touch with the admins to let me play with it one night and fix a bunch of stuff.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To go with the oil cooler lines there's also the adapter at the oil filter where the cooler lines connect to that leaks.