Replace 5.3 l59 with this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
An RV grind cam is perfect for one of these. With good exhaust and a decent airbox, they pull pretty well for a shrimp of a motor. I'll be installing a 6.0 when this one dies.

Any particular reason I was quoted? These seem like unrelated issues.

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Any particular reason I was quoted? These seem like unrelated issues.
Now I don't remember what we were talking about. Might have been in error. On another note, are you in Denver? Mile high elevation. Like they say in Denver, joining the mile high club is no big thing. You can get some on the steps at city hall and join the club.

OP
OP
RobsFreeland

RobsFreeland

Old wild land firefighter
Reaction score
Stayed in couerdelaine a few days on our way through to jelly stone. Had the follow up ride along, man that’s the way to go. Before we even left the office i had a vacuum leak. It was from the catch can I installed. Luckily I had a professional who corrected the situation. I’m not a plumber. I hooked up the passenger side wrong, doesn’t need the can. Hopefully that’s right. Anyway what a dramatic improvement on performance. Smoother shifting.
One thing I will say I loaded down the trailer to much. Went over the continental divide just fine. Doing the bear tooth tomorrow, pass at 10497. Nuts huh. From red lodge to yellowstone west entrance. Need to lighten the load in the trailer so I’ve been drinking and eating everything to lighten the load. Bears in the trash last night. Mister ranger is not going to like it. The folks at black bear are great I would be remiss if I didn’t give em an atta boy. You folks with cables send em back others are waiting. Thanks BBP.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um what trouble are you expecting? With semi-regular ( sometimes 3000 miles sometimes 7000) oil changes the 5.3 in my silvy is damn near 400k miles. I've done water pump, oil pump oring and added a real pcv valve... that's it.
For that price you could get 4 or 5 low mile engines at a u pull yard.

Agreed - I have 228k miles and have had no issues except replacing the water pump and the oil pickup tube o-ring.

I send my oil off to Blackstone on occasion for analysis to make sure everything is copacetic internally, but am confident this motor will go to at least 300k without any issues.

OP, save your greenbacks - no need to replace the motor unless it's in severe disrepair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts