2004 Silverado 2500 Quadrasteer --> Quadramax Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well... I have decided to go another way. The rocker panel / door sill is rusted out on my black truck, and I couldn't find anyone with an hour or two of my home that would fix rust; even then I don't even know how many thousands of $$$$ it would cost to repair.

So I've purchased the 2007 SilveradoHD LT3 Duramax that now appears in my signature. Here are some pictures for attention. I'll be adding 4 wheel steering to the new truck, instead of a diesel to the old truck.
Seems to be in excellent shape, with super low miles.
How hard is it to add quadrasteer to one that wasn't originally equipped with it? Seems pretty daunting to me. At least you have a complete donor.

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty easy; th builder that's doing it for me has done it before. The biggest thing is programming the Duramax ECU. The programming is there, you just have to tell the Duramax to use it.

Down8

Reaction score
I always wanted to do this - to add Qsteer to an Avalanche. I keep an eye on this thread for funzies.

-bZj

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the 2007 goes to the shop sometime in January. I'm still chasing down some parts for the swap, but think I have almost everything. In addition to that, I have been trying to solve some annoying things on it. The little stuff that gets put off because you have bigger fish to fry. So far, I have only succeeded at fixing my auto door locks so they actually work. And I replaced the door lights with working LEDs. I can't remember why I had bought the LEDs... But, eff it, I used them on my truck.

Things not so good:
The damn tailgate rattles, and that is after fixing one of the rubber stoppers that was installed backwards. Yes! Backwards! :favorites68:
The washer fluid tank was empty. I refilled it. Actually, I overfilled it and dumped a mess in the driveway -- yay me. However, nothing comes out at the windshield. When I exited the truck, I found a puddle near the cab, leading me to believe I have a loose hose somewhere, or a clogged hose that in turn caused me to have a loose hose...
There is a rattling under the hood that sounds like a belt tensioner crying out its last. I've never had the problem before, so figuring this out should be way more exciting than it needs to be.
The intermediate shaft bearing seems to be out, so I'm getting a clunking. Could be the intermediate shaft, I suppose. But steering is pretty crisp, so I have to investigate more.
I'm trying to figure out which tires or tire/wheel combo I want to run on it. It currently has 37/13.5/R18 and a 6" lift. I'll be lowering that a LOT. I know I want to run 33s, but not how wide I can/want to run.
Almost forgot: The driver's side vent is broken. I tried to remove it to replace it, but I only got the guts out (nothing broke new). So I put it back together until I could learn how THAT is supposed to work. It is mostly an eye sore (I am a perfectionist, not gonna lie)
Some of the lights are out on the steering wheel controls. I have a Cadillac steering wheel to swap in. I plan to check its lights before I start swapping lights out.
The headlight/interior light switch is loose, which causes me to lose all my dash lights. I had a spare I swapped in. Now all the lights work except the lights on the headlight/interior light switch... :fca5278d:
The rear passenger seat is missing a head rest. I have a bunch I could use for it, but I can't figure out how to get the headrest separated without breaking something.
I want to replace the headlights with brighter lights that will last longer than a year or two. I haven't found any, yet. I hate halos and those L-shaped daytime running light replacements.

That's all I can think of, for now. Please wish me luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh