Recommended Bi-directional Scanners? Autel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buf0rd_T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Forum,
I'm looking for GM owner insight on a good bi-directional scan tool that works well on my 2017 yukon 5.3. I have experience with a few different professional level scan tools that are outside my price range (around $500) for something I want to purchase for personal use.

Does anyone have experience with using bi-directional features on the Autel MK808? Specifically I want to be able to run active tests such as injector balance / cylinder contribution, and other important bi-directional tests that are valuable and proprietary for GM. Perhaps even a recommendation for a different scan tool?

Thanks for your input.

Ibustbravo

Reaction score
I use HP tuners for my 2015 Yukon. Its a steep learning curve but worth the journey.

It'll do some bi directional stuff like starter relay, fuel pumps, injectors and the like. It can turn most pids on and off for the ECU and TCU..

However, it won't see other body controllers such as the Chassis and seat belt computers. For that purpose I use Autoengunity, You'll have to buy the vehicle specific license but its good for any vehicle.

Hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep