Bi-directional scanners ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the Tech II, what other bi-directional scanners work well with our vehicles ?

I am specifically looking for one that will do gauge sweeps on the instrument cluster.
I see that the Ancel FX6000 and FX4000 list instrument cluster diagnostics, but I can't get an answer if they work with T/Ys.
I have seen a Youtube video of an Autel MS906BT doing exactly what I want, but $1000 is kinda steep.

I am looking for something in the $500 +/- range.

Grateful for any recommendations.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the Tech II, what other bi-directional scanners work well with our vehicles ?

I am specifically looking for one that will do gauge sweeps on the instrument cluster.
I see that the Ancel FX6000 and FX4000 list instrument cluster diagnostics, but I can't get an answer if they work with T/Ys.
I have seen a Youtube video of an Autel MS906BT doing exactly what I want, but $1000 is kinda steep.

Wes will be around, he was working on something a while back that might work. @Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

look on ebay for the vxdiag nano if you buy that and have a tablet it works as a tech2win (software based tech2), the vxdiag shop also sells some interesting stuff it's all hacked but you can buy a older t440 lenovo laptop on ebay for $100 or less and then buy the $200 hard drive from vxdiag and have all kinds of automotive software it's plug-n-play, they sell it with a laptop but they tack on like $300-400, better deal to get your own laptop and then the hard drive and I guess the vxdiag, I might try getting that setup after christmas is all taken care of, I have the vxdiag and a tablet works fine for tech2win, I got gds2 to run I just have to fix a bug in it still, If I get the laptop and hard drive it wont have the bug's I have ran into with gds2 on the tablet.
interesting stuff and cheaper than spending $1000+ on a bosch.

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

But, to be certain, Wes, have you used the VXDiag Nano to do gauge sweeps ?

And David, do you own a DS708 ?

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
No just first one I found on Craig’s list in like 2 minutes. Many to choose from in my area. I have a Snap-on solus but would get a Autel or something besides a Snap-on next time. I was just saying really good scanners can be found used cheap.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tech2Win requires a password to unzip ???????
NO, i guess it could depend on where you downloaded it from though, go to the vxdiag shop and there is a link in there downloads for it, no password required but it will look for the vxdiag device to actually communicate, you won't be able to fiddle much in the software without a device attached, I am going to check for the gauge sweep operation right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas