torque pro hybrid Battery pids for P0BBD dtc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah I was going to make a longer video walking thru all that shows up tomorrow. probably for outside this hybrid section too. I'm pretty impressed so far. it has a button to check for freeze frame data when the dtc is set. I was going to unplug a sensor to set a dtc see if it works.

Be sure to post up specifics of the dongle make and model if you feel it's a good fit for the hybrids.

OP
OP
J

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post up a video and more info later, but I did find something else temp related. I think it is the coolent temp for the aux hybrid apm. so not only has the inverter temp, but the coolent temp and if the pump is commanded on.

looks like they are calling it DMCMScreenshot_20231230-132046.png

OP
OP
J

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so quick video clip of this topdon dongle and software. this is a good way to check what shape your battery is in if you're getting jerking and bucking on coming out of auto stop. it's not perfect, you should log all 20 of them, open in excel and compare. but basically in this clip, you open the hybrid battery module, go to live data, scroll down till you find max cell voltage, graph that, then hit combine. you can add 4 total. do max cell, min cell, state of charge and current sensor. then turn on some stuff till the soc drops to engine start, watch the max and min cell voltage during cranking. (the spike in current in this clip) if max and min don't match, your battery is weak. mines pretty new here, but my old one before replacing, one would hold 14v the other would crash to 9v. from the info I've found and guys that refresh the stock type cells that's horrible and they should be within a few tenths of a volt at all times.

if you notice the refresh looks a bit slow, that's my fault. I figured out later, that I had the full stream selected the way I did it and was just grouping the 4. if you look at the 26sec mark, the bottom left has a edit button, if you hit that, then select a smaller amount, say just the 4 you're going to graph, it's faster refresh. but eh, it works.

the guys video I saw it on and he had a 20$ off coupon on Amazon if you used that link. but it might have been just a Amazon thing too, there's no discount code needed like most youtubers push. so you can just search for the one at the like and bypass the affiliate stuff

I'd say it does 90% of what my tech 2 does. all the 2 way options to activate different things while following along the shop manual trouble trees, the auto abs brake bleed is there, all the air ride stuff if you have that. you can easily see your shock psi while towing. shot for 80psi to keep them happy and max is 130psi I believe is called out somewhere around here.

I used it today on a Ford transit van at work. it does tons of stuff and worked great there too. even snap shot data from when the code was set on this Ford. I don't have any codes currently to test, but I would expect it to work with gm's too. snap shot can be a huge help in trouble shooting, you'll know all the stuff the truck was doing at the time the code set. so if you set the hybrid battery code, it should show you the max and min cell voltage at that time.

only down side I see is you only get a year free of the software when you buy it. after a year it looks like since it's phone based it probably requires you to renew to do all the 2 way stuff, I believe from reading the instructions the scanner part still works thou. looks like 1 year comes with it, after 1 year from activation it's 49$ for the next year renewal. what happens after that, I have no idea haha. but that's still a 3rd of the tech 2 price and way more handy. I think I'll be keeping both, plus it worked on other model of vehicles. my tech 2 doesn't cover my newer car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345