Bi-directional scanners ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if anyone buys one of the vxdiag's be sure to follow the install instructions on the vxdiag website, otherwise if you just do it in the wrong order it's a big headache, when doing the software install be sure any antivirus software is turned off first, the software is hacked and windows will think its a virus and automatically delete some files and the install wont work right.

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO, i guess it could depend on where you downloaded it from though, go to the vxdiag shop and there is a link in there downloads for it, no password required but it will look for the vxdiag device to actually communicate, you won't be able to fiddle much in the software without a device attached, I am going to check for the gauge sweep operation right now
I haven't bought the device yet, just messing around with trying to install on my tablet. Unzipping it there asks for pw. Install on laptop goes off w/o a hitch.

That's what I'm talkin' about !
What year is the truck you did this on ?
Just hoping it works that way on my 2001.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought the device yet, just messing around with trying to install on my tablet. Unzipping it there asks for pw. Install on laptop goes off w/o a hitch.

That's what I'm talkin' about !
What year is the truck you did this on ?
Just hoping it works that way on my 2001.
That is on my 2012 it should do the exact same on the 2001, try unpacking the zip file to a thumb drive then insert it into the tablet

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger for $95. No wi-fi versions on Amazon but didn't want to wait 2-3 weeks from China. I'll have my new toy on Saturday.

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I now have the VXDIAG and a tablet. To install the Tech2Win software on the tablet, do I need to have the VXDIAG connected to the tablet and/or vehicle ?

Would it be better to install WinRAR on the tablet then unzip the Tech2Win there, or should I transfer the unzipped program to the tablet via zip drive ?

Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I now have the VXDIAG and a tablet. To install the Tech2Win software on the tablet, do I need to have the VXDIAG connected to the tablet and/or vehicle ?

Would it be better to install WinRAR on the tablet then unzip the Tech2Win there, or should I transfer the unzipped program to the tablet via zip drive ?

Thanks.
there should be a auto install on the disc, if you google "vxdiag install gm" there is a video that shows how to do the install
once you have all the software installed, then run the vx manager first, be sure the device is connected and on, then run tech2win, select north american, then select the 2nd choice in the device list, then it will go tot he next screen and select that device, then tech2win will run.