Rear Air shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CWARE

Reaction score
About a year and a half ago, I replaced the front and rear shocks/struts on my wife’s 2007 Yukon Denali with Arnott units. I was under the car the other day and noticed the shaft on the rear passenger shock was showing as if it stuck in a compressed position. I checked the driver side rear shock and it appeared normal. Is this thing busted already? I snapped a couple of pics. They aren’t the best but I think it shows it well enough. 957a71149a597549262b4807dd887a3e.jpg75d1b9b2e8c6d2eedeacd1aea0eab3ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the top of the air bellow is supposed to be attached to that disc under the top shock mount eye.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Not sure about the Arnotts but OEM do stay attached. Arnotts have lifetime warranty call them up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the old arnott's might but mine do not stay attached I have the same rod, however that rod is not exposed unless the bellows is deflated and the shock is extended. did you squeeze the bellows to see if it is still holding air? if not then you may have a air line leak or the shock bellows has a leak

OP
OP
CWARE

CWARE

Reaction score
the old arnott's might but mine do not stay attached I have the same rod, however that rod is not exposed unless the bellows is deflated and the shock is extended. did you squeeze the bellows to see if it is still holding air? if not then you may have a air line leak or the shock bellows has a leak

I looked the shock over more thoroughly last night and was able to force the bellow back up by hand to the point it was supposed to be sitting. I then checked the bellow itself and saw that it was deflated and seemed to have no air inside of it. I could not see any visible holes/leaks but I’m also not sure I’d be able to visibly see a hole if it wasn’t a very big one. The sensor at the top of the shock and what I believe to be the air supply connector both appeared to be attached as they should be and didn’t see any visible leaks in the air supply line.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next try putting some weight in the back, start it so the shock airs up, turn it off and do the same thing you just did. Sometimes using remote start will air mine up with no added weight.

OP
OP
CWARE

CWARE

Reaction score
Next try putting some weight in the back, start it so the shock airs up, turn it off and do the same thing you just did. Sometimes using remote start will air mine up with no added weight.

Ok. I’ll give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec