Really enjoying this new Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is yours? Your RPO codes are almost identical to mine, except yours has the retractable running boards, built-in trailer brake controller, polished exhaust tip, 22" wheels and tires, and came with the all weather floormats and cargo liner.

Here's mine....

2012_Denali_RPO.jpg

Tom, you have the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller under the light knob on the knee bolster? I'm not seeing JL1 on your sheet there. Hey Pete @Galante , does your 2013 use JL1 for the ITBC?

Reaction score
Tom, you have the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller under the light knob on the knee bolster? I'm not seeing JL1 on your sheet there. Hey Pete @Galante , does your 2013 use JL1 for the ITBC?
I don't have the ITBC on mine.

Roger, the OP does on his

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the ITBC on mine.

Sorry, got my wires crossed!

My running boards dont really work. I knew that an plan on putting permanent boards on. The AMP system is not robust, many problems.

Roger, make sure you get a Tech-2 so you can work on this, along with the shop manual and or a subscription to AllDataDIY. Did you start a thread or talk about the Amp? Guys here are pretty knowledgeable about them.

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="swathdiver, post: Roger, make sure you get a Tech-2 so you can work on this, along with the shop manual and or a subscription to AllDataDIY. Did you start a thread or talk about the Amp? Guys here are pretty knowledgeable about them.[/QUOTE]

I have been looking on you tube for instructional videos. The fact that AMP built these with NO LUBRICATING POINTS really shows their lack of foresight.

When I get back to Troy and have time I may crawl underneath and look at them.

I appreciate the input. I pulled a Carfax (after buying it :cool:) and it shows no accidents and the Denali spent its life going between Charlevoix and Rochester Hills. Hence lots of road salt.

I have an OBD reader but not a Tech 2.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would definitely shoot the pivot points with white lithium. I had to ‘help’ my stubborn board retract about 2 dozen times while shooting the pivots with lube. It seems to be working pretty consistently now. Will have to wait and see how they function in an Iowa winter.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="swathdiver, post: Roger, make sure you get a Tech-2 so you can work on this, along with the shop manual and or a subscription to AllDataDIY. Did you start a thread or talk about the Amp? Guys here are pretty knowledgeable about them.

I have been looking on you tube for instructional videos. The fact that AMP built these with NO LUBRICATING POINTS really shows their lack of foresight.

When I get back to Troy and have time I may crawl underneath and look at them.

I appreciate the input. I pulled a Carfax (after buying it :cool:) and it shows no accidents and the Denali spent its life going between Charlevoix and Rochester Hills. Hence lots of road salt.

I have an OBD reader but not a Tech 2.[/QUOTE]

Ohh, that AMP!!! I was thinking of the one for music! LOL

09Tahoe4Now

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the purchase! Very nice looking. The AMP steps have a 5 yr warranty, depending on when they were installed—they may still be covered under warranty. Something to consider.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you liking your retracting running boards? My ‘07 & ‘08 XL Denali had fixed running boards. The ‘13 we just bought had the retractable ones and I’m not sold on them as being something I like yet. I’m tall enough that I don’t use them so I end up stepping down faster than the boards extend and they hit the side of my leg.

Also, I had to spray them with white lithium to get the passenger one not to stall and stay extended.

I love mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak