Questions for those with the resonator delete...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only things other things I'm contemplating right now are lights, roof rack, and lowering it.

lol, that's quite a bit in addition to the res delete. :)

Btw, may I humbly suggest the Grillecraft inserts ... they make a huge difference:

picture.php

*waits for everyone to tell me to relower mah ride and slap 24s back on* :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't plan on going crazy with this truck since it is the wife's. Only things other things I'm contemplating right now are lights, roof rack, and lowering it.

Just stick around a little bit. That list will grow :deal:

:D

OP
OP
G

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a supercharger if I knew the tranny could handle it (which I doubt).

My friend had the NBS tahoe with a blower and that thing rocked!

OP
OP
G

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct in my case ... this is the tip I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

I just took a couple of pics of the resonator to show you where it was cut off:

picture.php

picture.php

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Do you still have the resonator section? If so, I was wondering if you know whether or not the section of pipe that enters the resonator can be easily detached. I looked under the truck and saw a clamp there like in your photo. There appears to be a slip joint there but I can't tell if it is spot welded. There also appears to be a pin or something that could be permanently holding the segments together.

Reason why I'm asking is that if I can pull the resonator off at that point, I'll do it as a sound test before committing to the resonator delete mod.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, disregard what everyone who doesnt have a Hybrid is saying.. On this board Soulsea and myself are the only ones with the resonator delete. Just as sousea said, cut it of and weld a tip on.. That simple. No drone, wont be loud, and honestly you can barely tell a difference other than that ugly resonator in the rear no longer hanging.. It cost me 75 bux and about an hour at the local muffler shop... No complaints. Do it and please end this long ended debate... Thank me later

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are there hybrids that come without the resonator? I was behind one the other day that appeared to be bone stock and there was no resonator to be seen at all??

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are there hybrids that come without the resonator? I was behind one the other day that appeared to be bone stock and there was no resonator to be seen at all??

There's an oem resonator relocate and spare tire addition that one can get as an accessory option. It's about $1500 and moves the res but does not delete it. I suppose someone could do just the relocate part without adding the spare tire option if they wanted to.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse me for my ignorance, but I have never done any mods to my engines or exhaust system to any of my cars. I was just wondering if it was possible to delete the resonator and add some sort of tips. try it out for a couple of days, and if in fact I think its not loud enough to satisfy my taste to add an aftermarket muffler like the one Jacob has later on?

OP
OP
G

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse me for my ignorance, but I have never done any mods to my engines or exhaust system to any of my cars. I was just wondering if it was possible to delete the resonator and add some sort of tips. try it out for a couple of days, and if in fact I think its not loud enough to satisfy my taste to add an aftermarket muffler like the one Jacob has later on?

Yes it is possible. You could cut the resonator off just past the rear mount (essentially an irreversible change) and see how that sounds to you. That would cost you essentially nothing. Then you could either have a tip installed or have a tip and aftermarket muffler installed depending on how you like the sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn