Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koachdaddy

Reaction score
Springs hold up the vehicle weight and shocks provide dampening to the spring oscilaltion. I'm keeping the springs and keeping the rear air suspension just getting rid of the Magneride struts/shocks. Some use the Monroe ready strut assembly.
Don't have any leaks yet on my 2020 w/62k, but can only assume that it won't be long before issues arise. Visited Monroe's website and it looks like $600 gets a complete active to passive setup that keeps the electronic suspension light off...just wondering if anyone has done this yet with successful results?

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Slupie, won't you get nuisance warnings if you dont have the Magnaride in the front since you are keeping the rears and the compressor? Sure you can cap off the lines going to the front but won't give you warnings on your dash?
I just bought a 2017 Yukon XL Denali and was surprised how rough this "Luxury" vehicle rode. I was going to put new shocks in all for corners when I ran across this post about getting rid of the Z95 magnaride

Chad

OP
OP
S

scottystills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Slupie, won't you get nuisance warnings if you dont have the Magnaride in the front since you are keeping the rears and the compressor? Sure you can cap off the lines going to the front but won't give you warnings on your dash?
I just bought a 2017 Yukon XL Denali and was surprised how rough this "Luxury" vehicle rode. I was going to put new shocks in all for corners when I ran across this post about getting rid of the Z95 magnaride

Chad

That's what you use one of these sims for. Other vendors call them different things, but they intercept the signals from the computer so it thinks the magneride is still active.

OP
OP
S

scottystills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Springs hold up the vehicle weight and shocks provide dampening to the spring oscilaltion. I'm keeping the springs and keeping the rear air suspension just getting rid of the Magneride struts/shocks. Some use the Monroe ready strut assembly.
Yep of course. That said different springs will perform very differently when they are different weights/rates. I did talk to the guys at magdelete yesterday though and they did suggest keeping the stock magneride spec springs. I guess you can upgrade to the +30% or +70%, but if you need the load capacity they suggest going with their non-Z95 AC delcos that maintain the air support.

slupie

Reaction score

Chad
Magnaride and air ride are two different systems. Magnride is magnetically controlled struts/shocks that are filled with oil that has magnetic particles and a coil that applies current to the oil to make it more or less viscous. There are sensors at all 4 corners that monitor the motion of the suspension and then the magnaride computer applies current to each coil. To bypass it you need a shocksims to complete the circuit and dissipate to current that is send to each shock. Air ride uses the rear sensors to monitor rear end loading and inflate or deflate the rear air shocks to compensate for heavier or lighter loads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

scottystills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at the non magneride struts... I can get Macphersons locally for a good price but they say they're w/o 22" wheels. I do have the 22s... anyone know what the difference is? Narrower coil spring or something?

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaride is stupid expensive, but the new GM magnaride shocks now have a lifetime warranty. Magnaride is what you want - its got electrolytes. Dont cheat your Denali - it will know and get back at you by releasing the gremlin hoard...

OP
OP
S

scottystills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Magnaride is stupid expensive, but the new GM magnaride shocks now have a lifetime warranty. Magnaride is what you want - its got electrolytes. Dont cheat your Denali - it will know and get back at you by releasing the gremlin hoard...

You got a P/N for that? Or can I find that in a GM Parts Catalog somewhere?
Thanks

Chad
Z85 struts or lifetime warranty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts