Question for those that have the Rear Media/Entertainment Package...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsenky

Reaction score
What Bose headsets did you get?

i have the bose noise cancellation headsets from when i travel for work. My wife has a pair too so i was able to use those.

ive tried numerous times to get the GM headsets to pair. Im going to let the dealership handle it when i get my oil changed soon. Ive spent enough time on it.

OP
OP
ebelp

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the bose noise cancellation headsets from when i travel for work. My wife has a pair too so i was able to use those.

ive tried numerous times to get the GM headsets to pair. Im going to let the dealership handle it when i get my oil changed soon. Ive spent enough time on it.

Are the 2021 GM headsets bluetooth? Not IR like they've always been?

JRB404

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using an external hard drive to store and play movies? If so, I am curious about it's functionality and degree of kid-friendliness.

mickeyfickymix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've tried both an external drive, and USB thumb drive. I feel that the thumb drive plays nicer with 2 different files at once (as opposed to same movie on both). I still need to handbrake movies to get them in a reasonable format (1080p) and kill off extended surround sound (only need stereo). Helps keep the file size down too...

But regarding kid-friendliness, i guess it just depends on the age of kids. Mine are too young to be able to navigate folders/etc. Its just a listing of file names from all I can see there is no thumbnails or anything

Thats why I'm working on integrating a small plex server in our Tahoe HC to not only stream for the seats but also any other passenger with a wifi device

OP
OP
ebelp

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried both an external drive, and USB thumb drive. I feel that the thumb drive plays nicer with 2 different files at once (as opposed to same movie on both). I still need to handbrake movies to get them in a reasonable format (1080p) and kill off extended surround sound (only need stereo). Helps keep the file size down too...

But regarding kid-friendliness, i guess it just depends on the age of kids. Mine are too young to be able to navigate folders/etc. Its just a listing of file names from all I can see there is no thumbnails or anything

Thats why I'm working on integrating a small plex server in our Tahoe HC to not only stream for the seats but also any other passenger with a wifi device

That Plex server will be perfect. Will you be able to keep it in the center console without having to use the rear power/HDMI?

mickeyfickymix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats the plan... run off a Raspberry Pi which will be powered by one of the USB C ports (hoping for the center console/storage compartment). I just have to do some testing regarding the USB ports and waiting on a new case for my Pi (new Argon40 case that include MSATA port). Pi connects to the wifi as will everything else.

Boone450r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I switched mine from a WD My Passport to a Samsung T5 SSD and am having great results with it especially when playing two different moves at one time.

Also, I didn't have good luck with Handbrake so I decided to upgrade to DVDFab 12 and it worked like a dream, but pricy. They have really simplified the process since my last version, DVDFab 8. Not sure if it the software or not but my movies have thumbnails for the kids to see and choose from.

Packitup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone with a pixel tried using a DisplayLink adaptor? From what I'm reading, using the DisplayLink adaptor and downloading the DisplayLink app will allow you to mirror your Pixel phone to any screen that accepts HDMI. I tried posting links to the adaptor earlier but I think it removed my post because of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900