Problem :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok sow I just spent two hours having my tail wiring redone to make my ipcw ruby red led tails work with the hybrid's wiring only to discover that the upper molding doesn't line up. :(

Here's a pic, I think there's another one on the same album: http://gallery.me.com/soulsea/100050/IMG_0041

It looks like it needs the older tahoes' more rounded molding. Assuming that that will line up with the rest of my tailgate, does anyone know a part number or where to find those?

Help!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cough... i have a set...cough. BUT... Not sure if I wanna sell em. Hit up KMeloney! He just did the caddy conversion on his Tahoe and his were black too, he might wanna sell his stockers!

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was going to say that SuperchargedSS had some but you beat me to it.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cough... i have a set...cough. BUT... Not sure if I wanna sell em. Hit up KMeloney! He just did the caddy conversion on his Tahoe and his were black too, he might wanna sell his stockers!

You look amazing ... have you lost weight?

Huggles! :hands:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I pmed km ... Is there a part number in case he's also immune to flattery?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I pmed km ... Is there a part number in case he's also immune to flattery?

Serge, I have mine in storage. I can get you the part number tomorrow more than likely. Let me know what KM says. I'll text him too.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so I made it back home ... beach traffic was ***** traffic.

But it's given me some time to think this through a little more.

Now the simple solution to the problem is indeed getting the standard Tahoe curvy appliqués. But now the question becomes this ... will the less angular lights look right with the pending nali/esky bumper?

The escalades have angular corner tails with matching appliques flowing to their bumper, but my impression is that the Denali tails are curvy like my new ones. If so then no problem, I buy the right appliqués to fix the top end problem, slap on the esky/nali bumper and call it a day knowing that I've kept lines as the Denali. If not then I have to go back to my stock tails.

Thoughts?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge, we had the Escalade bumper way before the escalade tails and appliques. It looked just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA