Problem :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like your stock tails.

Thanks bud ... but the new ones look amazing as well and the darker color works much better with the tinted third and with the black emblem.

But if I can't work this out you might get your wish. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, i just got in bud, and they're not on the truck yet ... all the retrofitting with the proper angles was done today, as were the ballasts. We just didn't have enough time to cut/fit the shrouds, install the switchbacks, and seal the housing. He's gonna finish that up this week and drive up to me to connect them next weekend. Truth be told he could have finished today if I hadn't distracted him with the tails ... this is why I'm so frustrated with the result. Anyhoot, help me figure this out and I'll post the few grainy pics I have from today on the other thread. :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Serge, we had the Escalade bumper way before the escalade tails and appliques. It looked just fine.

Ah okay so ... you had tails the same shape as the ones I have on now, you had the appliqué I'm looking for, and you had the esky/nali bumper, all at the same time and it looked correct?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had stock tails with stock appliques and an esky bumper... looked perfectly normal.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had stock tails with stock appliques and an esky bumper... looked perfectly normal.

Okay thanks bud ...

This thing is driving me crazy, I've gone through all the schematics I could find on gmpartsdirect and I can't find that part ... can't find the name of it, much less a number. Ugh! :(

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, it won't work. :(

My appliqué has to stay as is, it is very specific to the hybrid, and is the only one that will align with my specific spoiler. I looked it up, it's got to do with the whole different design of my tailgate and the fact that the glass part doesn't lift separately from the lower end.

I can't really explain it without proper pictures ... I blew up a couple of bad ones and screen shot it to show you. What you'll notice is that the curvy appliqué on the regular hoes tapers in at the top, whereas mine actually tapers out. It'll leave a massive gap if I were to switch them. I have to go back to my stock tails.

picture.php

****! Had I known I wouldn't have waisted two hours on it today and my retros would have been finished. Now I got to drive like this for a week and have him spend another hour rewiring back.

Sometimes I hate being the guinea hike for all hybrid mods. :emotions122:

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn... bummer Serge, would have loved to see it all work out for ya! You should get your stock tails light tinted to that ruby color you want before you take the others off. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn... bummer Serge, would have loved to see it all work out for ya! You should get your stock tails light tinted to that ruby color you want before you take the others off. :)

Tint them with film or spray?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take them to a body shop and have them tint them professionally.

edit: i could do it, but that would require the obvious... time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA