Problem :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like SCSS's idea. Get your stockers tinted to the ruby color before putting them back on :waytogo: Then sell your ISPW's when they're done to fund the tail tint :)

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ I'm with these crackers. Get your stocks how you want them then switch them back.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soul -- Got your PM (and Robbie's text), and then I read this post. Geez, I think you're right about the appliqués not working. I wouldn't have thought that, but yeah, it looks like your spoiler comes out wider than our spoilers, and that the stock Tahoe appliqués would hit the spoiler. Dang.

...So, why did you have to "rewire" your LEDs? The new ones weren't plug-and-play?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone.

Hi KM ... yeah my new ones had to be rewired, actually because they are plug and play to regular Hoes/Yuks. The Hybrid tails are wired differently stock as their top element is LED and the lower two are regular bulbs. In fact they actually say HYBRID molded right into the back of the assys in huge letters. I've never seen that in a part. :) So yeah, it'll all have to be undone to get them back in.

Which means this tinting has to happen this week ... can you guys help me track down and figure out how to get a ruby red tint. All I've seen is things like my 3rd brake light which dulls the housings and make everything opaque to varying degrees. :think:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which means this tinting has to happen this week ... can you guys help me track down and figure out how to get a ruby red tint. All I've seen is things like my 3rd brake light which dulls the housings and make everything opaque to varying degrees. :think:

You can achieve the "ruby red" look by just a very light coat of black. Kinda like window tint (but obviously in painted form) where you have different percentage of darknesses. If you put the right about of black in your mixture it'll be just dark enough for the tails to have the "ruby red" look and not be real dark to the point that they actually look black.

B.G. does this kind of work so he may be a good person to hit up on the subject :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge, take it to a paint shop. Don't attempt that by yourself.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge, take it to a paint shop. Don't attempt that by yourself.

I won't. :)

I managed to find tint that BG sold to me a while back and located a highly rated tint shop locally where I will drop everything off tomorrow and get it back in a couple of days ... in time to be installed by my retro guy this weekend. :waytogo:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good work Serge! Just show them the tails you have now and tell em thats how u want it!

On another note, how's Mrs. Serge enjoying your fetishes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts