Pcv valve tubing issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can’t find this issue anywhere else on here, if anyone else has ever posted about it. I have a 2011 burb 5.3 flex. I’ve done technician work at major dealerships and off brand garages but never had this issue. Bought this vehicle used, the pcv valve tubing, both fresh air and dirty air will not connect to the fittings. Both plug in perfect to the manifold but will not connect to the fitting on the other end. Acts like the nipples are too big to go into the tubing connector, on both tubes. Even bought new tubes and it’s still the same issues.

OP
OP
Leejamison

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
we're they unconnected when you bought it?
I believe they were just snugged up to the fitting enough to not leak but I’m not sure. I didn’t take them off, I had a guy go through the transmission for me because it had a shudder and when I got it back I noticed the tubes not connected. Of course the guy is ghosting me now so I can’t know for sure if he unhooked them or switched something out.

OP
OP
Leejamison

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe someone had a catch can kit and just removed the can?
I don’t think so just because the guy we bought it from owns a Chevy dealership and it was his wife’s ride. He said everything on it was stock no aftermarket parts, everything original.

OP
OP
Leejamison

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you heat up the tube end with a heat gun so it softens up enough to go over the PCV nipple?
Not the type of fittings it has. I ordered genuine gm tubes from rock auto, look exactly like the old ones that were on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1834.png
    IMG_1834.png
    572.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1833.png
    IMG_1833.png
    547.8 KB · Views: 9

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The inlet/clean side goes from the air duct to the front of the passenger side valve cover. The outlet/dirty side goes from the valve cover to the top center of the intake manifold.

Exactly what point(s) won't connect?

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is your issue but when I installed the updated d/s valve cover on my 2010 Burb the PVC hose connector would not fit onto the nipple. I cut off the connector and used a piece of hose to connect the two together.

OP
OP
Leejamison

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The inlet/clean side goes from the air duct to the front of the passenger side valve cover. The outlet/dirty side goes from the valve cover to the top center of the intake manifold.

Exactly what point(s) won't connect?
They won’t connect at the valve covers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts