Pcv valve tubing issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
oh man.. didn't think of that being the tranny was out.

do these engines still have numbers on them that match the Vin like the older ones did?

Parts should have some date stamps on them.

Block iirc has one right behind the power steering pump bracket.

It might just be my new 2020 dated block, but i recall it being there when i assembled that engine...

I also recall things like the front and rear covers have that cast in date stamp.
Circle with a date made out via arrows etc.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh man.. didn't think of that being the tranny was out.

do these engines still have numbers on them that match the Vin like the older ones did?

I never could make out the numbers on mine. They're in a really hard to see place, anyway. Like, the engine needs to be out to even try to see 'em. You could remove the driver side valve cover and see if you have the older design (round hole near the end). You could also read the cast-in date dial. The date on the VLOM should be visible on the front edge-

On that plain area to the far left of the "Top" in this pic, opposite the red and black things. This is visible from the front, top, center of the engine, under the intake manifold, under/behind the throttle body:

51ndqT0U-2L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What an odd situation but what if he grabbed the wrong intake manifold instead? Surely there is a way to discern between an early GMT900 intake manifold and plumbing VS a newer style?

OP
OP
Leejamison

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Engine makes more sense.
Exp if he already had the transmission out and you have somewhat low miles
Low miles? Hahaha no sir, this thing has over 300k.

I don’t believe he swapped the whole engine though because I had 2 broken exhaust manifold bolts and they’re still broke.

OP
OP
Leejamison

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't wanna say it. But, maybe he or a friend updated their pre-2010 style with your updated cover.

Or swapped the whole engine.
I believe this is what happened sadly, the covers not the whole engine. At least it’s not an expensive fix.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take some pictures for us? I really can’t imagine someone would steal a set of used valve covers because they are so cheap to buy brand new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia