Pcv valve tubing issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Leejamison

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if this is your issue but when I installed the updated d/s valve cover on my 2010 Burb the PVC hose connector would not fit onto the nipple. I cut off the connector and used a piece of hose to connect the two together.
That sounds like what’s going on. I never changed the valve covers but maybe someone else did. I think that’s what I’m going to have to do here.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They won’t connect at the valve covers.

This is what I thought I understood but wanted to confirm. I was about to say it sounds like someone changed the valve cover(s?) and might've gotten the wrong one(s?). AFAIK, the driver side is the only one that was updated so I don't know what's goin on with the passenger side.

'08 and older has this style of PCV nipple:

12570427_-3__26597.1657809927.jpg

'09 and newer has this style:

GM_12611059_5__83536.1652459308.jpg

OP
OP
Leejamison

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is what I thought I understood but wanted to confirm. I was about to say it sounds like someone changed the valve cover(s?) and might've gotten the wrong one(s?). AFAIK, the driver side is the only one that was updated so I don't know what's goin on with the passenger side.

'08 and older has this style of PCV nipple:

View attachment 406029

'09 and newer has this style:

View attachment 406030
Now that’s funny, mine has the older style on it. I think the guy who went through the transmission for me did something fishy here that’s why he’s ghosting me now.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Why the heck would they do that?!
Yeah, not expensive at all, I got mine from Amazon using the GM PN.

Yet another fine example of why I don't trust anyone to work on my cars (except for one person, but he does it on the side).

OP
OP
Leejamison

Leejamison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why the heck would they do that?!
Yeah, not expensive at all, I got mine from Amazon using the GM PN.

Yet another fine example of why I don't trust anyone to work on my cars (except for one person, but he does it on the side).
I actually knew this guy and I would throw him a little work from time to time that I didn’t want or have time to mess with, and he’s better than me going into transmissions honestly so I didn’t think twice when it started acting up sending it to him. It was just an Extra vehicle anyway so I didn’t need it done in a hurry. But then I couldn’t get up with him for a good time and he was never home or at the shop, I finally caught him at home and got it back, had to trailer it home due to dead battery and shot alternator and out of gas. Got those buttoned up and now finding little things everywhere that just ain’t right. I’ve had this thing for over a year now and driven it maybe 1000 miles. Next time I’m just going to make time and do it myself. Ive heard you can stretch a day out to 27 hours and a week out to 8 days right?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that’s funny, mine has the older style on it. I think the guy who went through the transmission for me did something fishy here that’s why he’s ghosting me now.

I didn't wanna say it. But, maybe he or a friend updated their pre-2010 style with your updated cover.

Or swapped the whole engine.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't wanna say it. But, maybe he or a friend updated their pre-2010 style with your updated cover.

oh man.. didn't think of that being the tranny was out.

do these engines still have numbers on them that match the Vin like the older ones did?

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score

Engine makes more sense.
Exp if he already had the transmission out and you have somewhat low miles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts