2022 Tahoe RST Reduced Acceleration Drive with Care - Valve Body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saucy22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All -

Last week driving my 22 Tahoe RST with 30,615 miles at about 30 mph, my engine light started flashing and then went solid, and the message "Reduced Acceleration Drive with Care" message came on. I had about 7 miles left to get home and couldn't go higher than maybe 25mph, with the RPMs hanging around 3000 most of the time. Once I made it home, the car would not shift into REVERSE, and the message said something like driving conditions would not allow the gear shift. The car was towed to Chevy the next morning and has been there for several days. Today they told me that all signs point to the valve body and they ordered the part and they expect me to get my car back in about a week. I asked if the transmission would have been damaged by them test driving or me driving to get home and he said NO - they checked all the fluid etc and it was fine.

I am anxious the issue is larger than this, and they are wasting my time with a valve body, but admittedly don't know enough about this to make that claim. Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced a similar failure with such low mileage, and what should I have them document on my paperwork to protect me if this happens again. The Powertrain warranty should go to 60,000 miles or 5 years, but I feel like if this happened once at just about 31,000 miles, it could happen again just when I am out of the warranty of 5 years - which will be Nov 2026 for me.

This is my 2nd Tahoe. My previous was a 2007 LTZ which had 2 transmission replacements along with endless o2 sensor issues and catalytic converter problems. So disappointed to be already having major issues. Maybe I should have known better but I really love the vehicle in general and don't see anything else on the road I like better.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Seems similar to my post from a couple months ago. They replaced the valve n fluid, and I haven't experienced any issues since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar