Newbie intro, 6" RC lift, 22 OEM chrome, 35" MTs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DADW4GN

DADW4GN

Reaction score
Just updates dropping here for build reference: added in-line speedo correction, pedal commander, and rgb rock lights.

Pedal commander really woke up the throttle response. Leaving set at Sport mode +2 for now. Excellent on demand power, much more indicative of true power train potential.

Rock ligjts...meh...spent a ton of time on install making it clean, but end result is a bit too flashy for me. I typically leave it at a lower light amber setting if I turn them on.

20210417_014854.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just updates dropping here for build reference: added in-line speedo correction, pedal commander, and rgb rock lights.

Pedal commander really woke up the throttle response. Leaving set at Sport mode +2 for now. Excellent on demand power, much more indicative of true power train potential.

Rock ligjts...meh...spent a ton of time on install making it clean, but end result is a bit too flashy for me. I typically leave it at a lower light amber setting if I turn them on.

View attachment 277203
Rock lights make you need to detail your wheel wells. I decided no lol.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 277203

Rock lights make you need to detail your wheel wells. I decided no lol.

Looks like they would be great for a roadside repair at night though!

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In regards to the pedal commander...do you also have a tune of any kind ?

I recently installed a Diablo intune, currently set on the 87 octane tune with the following..
Tps increase 15%
Up shift psi increase 15%
Dod is off

The vehicle is night and day different in terms of drive ability. Always hated the early up shift feel, and now that is corrected...partially TPS and partly increase in pressure.

I may try a stock tune and just increase TPS just to see.

OP
OP
DADW4GN

DADW4GN

Reaction score
In regards to the pedal commander...do you also have a tune of any kind ?

I recently installed a Diablo intune, currently set on the 87 octane tune with the following..
Tps increase 15%
Up shift psi increase 15%
Dod is off

The vehicle is night and day different in terms of drive ability. Always hated the early up shift feel, and now that is corrected...partially TPS and partly increase in pressure.

I may try a stock tune and just increase TPS just to see.

No, I went with the pedal commander because it is an in-line option. I don't want to add any tune footprints to the computer, because I'm mid 40k in mileage, and not wanting to risk warranty issues.

That's the only thing about the regear that sucks, no more cruise control because the timing of the gears and sensors don't match up. A tune would be about the only thing that would take care of that, but I'll wait for 75k miles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DADW4GN

DADW4GN

Reaction score
Well, ordered the Curt 17500 weight distribution hitch system, and 7" drop shank, but one of the anti sway bars was missing from the box. Amazon is sending a new system out Tuesday and picking up the one I received.

So had to go with a simple drop hitch this weekend for an offroad trip with my cruiser club. About an 8700 pound setup. A lot of tongue weight made it droop a bit, but it towed really well. The WD system will be even better, and I'll have that for the run out to Moab. I don't expect to be fast up the passes, just safe and capable.

20210423_120624.jpg 20210423_120610.jpg