cooki3mnster's build - The Black Pearl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been meaning to replace the light sockets for the DRLs since they were pretty crispy. I picked some up on Amazon, along with the turn signal sockets since I noticed my Pass bulb wasn’t flashing when locking/unlocking and was only intermittently flashing when activated by the turn signal stalk. I also swapped in a pair of Sylvania 4114 LED bulbs into the DRLs. Now I think all of the bulbs have been converted to LED. The white LEDs for the door switches, Climate control, steering wheel etc showed up along with sockets. I might run down to Pick N Pull and pick up a couple spare switches to play with and get to work. Last time I soldered was last summer when I built my mechanical keyboard. 6F2D94C3-6030-4EE8-A326-0CF4907E31B5.jpeg
814718A7-A413-4288-999D-908285415ADF.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a foam sprayer that attached to my hose but got worse than awful results. I have an electric pressure washer that is super small and quiet so it works for me. It definitely takes longer doing it this way but the results are so much more worth it.

I picked up some nice rags from The Rag Company and replaced all my ancient microfibers and car wash towels. I have a few towels from them that are crazy absorbent and make drying this giant beast go by so much more quickly than before.
I agree the garden hose foam cannon just doesn’t cut it. It’s kinda sad in my opinion. Well
Compared to how much crazy thick suds I can get when I take the extra few minutes to set up the pressure washer. Lol. But then again I do it everyday for a living so using the pressure washer plus foam cannon setup is essential for me to cut my physical workload down.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pearl was putting in some serious heavy lifting today at work. The freight guys showed up two days early to drop off a Flir Skywatch for a project we are working on. My work truck is a little Toyota Tacoma and doesn’t have a hitch. So I went home and pick the ol girl up. The Skywatch unit weighs a little over 16k lbs. Hitched it up an yanked it off the Low-Boy. So glad for those 4.10s in the axles now. Luckily I didn’t have to far just move it around in the parking lot.AE6A4EC1-5AF1-470A-AD8D-6838A62B2CDC.jpeg
1C759DCA-60F8-4724-92C0-F3C180385A53.jpeg

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, I have about a thousand miles on it like this and have not gotten a Service Suspension error. I have also tested it by disconnecting the battery a few times and no change.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mail call! My order from The Retrofit Source showed up! Got some Mini H1s, some 6000K bulbs, mini Gatling gun shrouds, 35w ballasts, Profile Demon eyes, the XBT Bluetooth controller, and the HD relay. I’m super excited to try these out. BFCFD436-72B3-4A0D-B398-AD8465AA5C26.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pearl was putting in some serious heavy lifting today at work. The freight guys showed up two days early to drop off a Flir Skywatch for a project we are working on. My work truck is a little Toyota Tacoma and doesn’t have a hitch. So I went home and pick the ol girl up. The Skywatch unit weighs a little over 16k lbs. Hitched it up an yanked it off the Low-Boy. So glad for those 4.10s in the axles now. Luckily I didn’t have to far just move it around in the parking lot.View attachment 344228
View attachment 344229
What is that?