cooki3mnster's build - The Black Pearl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found their website, those look high quality! Which ones specifically were you looking at??
More than likely the Mini H1s. From what I can tell they are "almost" a direct swap for the Denali Projectors. I've been trying to find some decent Denali headlights but I don't mind waiting. The new headlights I installed are already plenty bright.

Also pulled the trigger on the front EBC pads and rotors, as well as an Airaid MIT. Going to wait until next check to pick up the rest of the pads and rotors and the Stainless brake hoses and parking brake shoes. I've noticed that the parking brake is either way out of adjustment or completely worn out. I've been kicking around the idea of attempting a brake fluid flush seeing as it has almost 200k on it and is 16 years old. Does any one have a good way of doing a flush without a Tech 2?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need a set of adapter brackets and the mini H1’s will mount to the Denali style projectors. They also work in the Anzo u-bar ones if you’re inclined. I did mine a year or so ago.

Attachments

• 9EDA52B2-5172-4451-BB27-D5F9C165C561.jpeg
    9EDA52B2-5172-4451-BB27-D5F9C165C561.jpeg
    586.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 5B5A57E5-88A1-432E-A0DE-116642926B56.jpeg
    5B5A57E5-88A1-432E-A0DE-116642926B56.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 3

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah what mark said^
I got the mini H1 8.0 projectors and the bracket from custom brackets & designs. Guy’s name is Nathaniel and sent me a complete kit. They go right into the OEM Denali headlights. I now have the anzo U bar headlights and put the morimoto projectors in them. And love them.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a set of adapter brackets and the mini H1’s will mount to the Denali style projectors. They also work in the Anzo u-bar ones if you’re inclined. I did mine a year or so ago.
Those U-Bars look great on your truck!
yeah what mark said^
I got the mini H1 8.0 projectors and the bracket from custom brackets & designs. Guy’s name is Nathaniel and sent me a complete kit. They go right into the OEM Denali headlights. I now have the anzo U bar headlights and put the morimoto projectors in them. And love them.

Thanks for the lead on the brackets. I'm going to order some to have while I plan out what I want to do. I definitely plan on going with the Morimotos, just need to decide what housing to shove them in.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DAC99B98-F66D-4350-929F-6D49328FF6F3.jpeg
Dropped in the Airaid MIT (P/N 200-919) last night. Install was straightforward, I’m interested to see if the MPG will change over the course of the next few tanks. I do notice the exhaust tone is a little bit deeper under load.

603C0B40-F2CA-4AB4-946F-E94D10C86F85.jpeg

Also picked up a set of NNBS style Yukon XL badges. I’m not quite sure how I feel about it. Might leave it for a week and see what I think. I really dig the shaved look, but I do like the added pop of contrast on the back hatch.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also found a pic of my old Excursion, I've always had strong feelings for big lifted SUVS. This guy had a 6" Pro-Comp Lift, 20x10 Helo Maxx 8s, 37x12.50 Yokohama Geolanders. It was tuned, with 4' turbo back exhaust, and an intake. Regularly got 20mpg on the freeway. Honestly I really miss this truck, It was stolen in 2013, we recovered it a few weeks later but it was stripped and beat to ever loving shit. RIP Betsy wherever you are now.

IMG-1622.JPG

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 305482
Dropped in the Airaid MIT (P/N 200-919) last night. Install was straightforward, I’m interested to see if the MPG will change over the course of the next few tanks. I do notice the exhaust tone is a little bit deeper under load.

View attachment 305486

Also picked up a set of NNBS style Yukon XL badges. I’m not quite sure how I feel about it. Might leave it for a week and see what I think. I really dig the shaved look, but I do like the added pop of contrast on the back hatch.
Did you just replace the intake tube, or do more? I've been curious about this.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you just replace the intake tube, or do more? I've been curious about this.
Just the tube, I had a full CAI on my old 355 and it was sooo loud under heavy load. All I wanted was something to smooth out the air flow and clean up the engine bay a bit. I’ll end up picking up an drop in dry filter soon. I want to stay away from the oil soaked filters so I don’t get MAF codes.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the tube, I had a full CAI on my old 355 and it was sooo loud under heavy load. All I wanted was something to smooth out the air flow and clean up the engine bay a bit. I’ll end up picking up an drop in dry filter soon. I want to stay away from the oil soaked filters so I don’t get MAF codes.
I don’t think I’d care about loud because I’m thinking of thecopcar initially. I’m usually solo. I don’t want the oil soaked filter though, because I’m often in very dusty conditions.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I’d care about loud because I’m thinking of thecopcar initially. I’m usually solo. I don’t want the oil soaked filter though, because I’m often in very dusty conditions.
If that’s the case check out Volant. I had one on my 355 with a ported throttle body and a tune. It. was. so. loud. It had 33s on it with 3.73s and when pulling hills it would search between 3/4 and let me tell you that 5 cylinders of fury would sing you the song of its people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts