cooki3mnster's build - The Black Pearl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the tube, I had a full CAI on my old 355 and it was sooo loud under heavy load. All I wanted was something to smooth out the air flow and clean up the engine bay a bit. I’ll end up picking up an drop in dry filter soon. I want to stay away from the oil soaked filters so I don’t get MAF codes.

If that’s the case check out Volant. I had one on my 355 with a ported throttle body and a tune. It. was. so. loud. It had 33s on it with 3.73s and when pulling hills it would search between 3/4 and let me tell you that 5 cylinders of fury would sing you the song of its people.
I run a oiled cone style filter on a spectre cold air intake on my 2006 and the filter oil has never given me issues with the MAF sensor.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the tube, I had a full CAI on my old 355 and it was sooo loud under heavy load. All I wanted was something to smooth out the air flow and clean up the engine bay a bit. I’ll end up picking up an drop in dry filter soon. I want to stay away from the oil soaked filters so I don’t get MAF codes.
You won’t get codes unless you over oil the filter. I run one on my supercharged 6.0, it came with the Whipple kit.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on some retrofit parts! Ordered the Morimoto Mini H1s, 6000K Bulbs, and 35w ballasts, got the Mini H1 brackets from Custom Brackets and Designs, and picked up the Demon Eyes from Profile LED. I'm going to also order up some different reflectors for the headlights, I'm not sure if I want clear or lightly smoked yet.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on some retrofit parts! Ordered the Morimoto Mini H1s, 6000K Bulbs, and 35w ballasts, got the Mini H1 brackets from Custom Brackets and Designs, and picked up the Demon Eyes from Profile LED. I'm going to also order up some different reflectors for the headlights, I'm not sure if I want clear or lightly smoked yet.
Which headlights did you decide on?

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which headlights did you decide on?
Honestly, not sure yet. It might need to wait a bit before I order those. I kinda really like the U-Bar ones that you have one your truck. But I also like the simplicity of the stock style Denali lights. It might come down to a coin flip lol.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I go some paint on the NNBS Calipers. Picked up some Duplicolor Silver Caliper paint, I prepped them with brake cleaner and acetone, taped them up and laid down 3 coats. I used the spray paint this time around as the brush on stuff I used on the Chevelle a few years ago did not turn out ver smooth or clean.
69BE752D-E836-49BA-A17D-918E6ACF8C08.jpeg

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave the Pearl and wash and wax today, after all the yard work at my place and the new owners next door doing massive reno work the old girl was covered in dust and crap. Been trying out a foam cannon with CG Honeydew Snow foam wash, and the two bucket method. Followed up with some Mother Synthetic Carnuba wax. I’ve been trying out Chemical Guys products after reading @adventurenali92 build thread. So far pretty happy with the results, just wish Detail Garage was a little closer to home.
66ED5439-18A5-4DE3-9EA6-81141FD520B2.jpeg
47A2EBE7-E7A7-4426-AB19-8F79EC35A6AA.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave the Pearl and wash and wax today, after all the yard work at my place and the new owners next door doing massive reno work the old girl was covered in dust and crap. Been trying out a foam cannon with CG Honeydew Snow foam wash, and the two bucket method. Followed up with some Mother Synthetic Carnuba wax. I’ve been trying out Chemical Guys products after reading @adventurenali92 build thread. So far pretty happy with the results, just wish Detail Garage was a little closer to home.
View attachment 343821
View attachment 343822
Awesome foam bath! Love it! Glad to hear I can be a poster boy for chemical guys! Lol. Good thing you can order their stuff online!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I’ve been using some of CG’s stuff for a couple years, it’s pretty good. I do use the Honeydew in a fiam sprayer that just connects to my hose. It’s simple and works great. If I have to pull my pressure washer out to wash my trucks it’s a disincentive and I don’t wash as often so I go this route.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I’ve been using some of CG’s stuff for a couple years, it’s pretty good. I do use the Honeydew in a fiam sprayer that just connects to my hose. It’s simple and works great. If I have to pull my pressure washer out to wash my trucks it’s a disincentive and I don’t wash as often so I go this route.
I tried a foam sprayer that attached to my hose but got worse than awful results. I have an electric pressure washer that is super small and quiet so it works for me. It definitely takes longer doing it this way but the results are so much more worth it.

I picked up some nice rags from The Rag Company and replaced all my ancient microfibers and car wash towels. I have a few towels from them that are crazy absorbent and make drying this giant beast go by so much more quickly than before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos