New Tahoe vs Used Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
NO crap I didn't realize that also the active fuel mang. didn't come out for the esky until 10. Damn. Also if that Esky is in PA and close to where I live I could take a look for ya. I am only 15mins away from PA line.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy guacamole I had no idea the MPG was that bad! :eek:

haha yea it's pretty bad. My avalanche is way better and gets 15.4 mpg. Several factors contributing to this though-- the 5.3L vs 6.2L, Active Fuel Management, 20's instead of 22's, and 4x4 instead of AWD (which stays in 2wd most of the time).

Last edited:
OP
OP

05Gride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
haha yea it's pretty bad. My avalanche is way better and gets 15.4 mpg. Several factors contributing to this though-- the 5.3L vs 6.2L, Active Fuel Managemen, 20's instead of 22's, and 4x4 instead of AWD (which stays in 2wd most of the time).

Interesting, my buddy who just got rid of his said he was getting around 13-14 avg with 16 on highway, but he did have an 11 so I guess he had active fuel mgmt. That might make me look at 2010's then honestly. 10mpg isn't much better than my Dad's VIPER!

You're saying the AWD is more of a drain on the fuel mileage? If you are getting 10.2 to 10.5, do you just have a lead foot and are using all 400 of those ponies around town??

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, my buddy who just got rid of his said he was getting around 13-14 avg with 16 on highway, but he did have an 11 so I guess he had active fuel mgmt. That might make me look at 2010's then honestly. 10mpg isn't much better than my Dad's VIPER!

You're saying the AWD is more of a drain on the fuel mileage? If you are getting 10.2 to 10.5, do you just have a lead foot and are using all 400 of those ponies around town??

Well his is a 2011 which means he has active fuel management. It didn't start until 2010 and I have an '07. Yes AWD is more draining then 4WD bc you can't put it in 2WD like you can on a 4x4. Yea my next esky will definitely be a 2010+!! My 11.1mpg is good considering its 403hp ;) I don't speed but i'm definitely not driving like a grandpa around town lol.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't speed but i'm definitely not driving like a grandpa around town lol.

Felix....don't be lying! We see you drivin' around town decked out in your Nascar gear and helmet racing from stoplight to stoplight.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Escalade is the #1 stolen vehicle in the United States, so you have to factor in how much time you want to spend waiting for a taxi cab to get you back home when it gets stolen. :think:

Hoedown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow tough question on that one. If it was me, though, I'd choose the '09. You'll take an immediate hit on depreciation when you drive that '11 off the lot which will make it worth less than the '09 Esky immediately even, though, they have the same price tag. The Esky will also have significantly more creature comforts to it and more pleasurable to drive.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Esky Esky Esky. Haha im late but I would get the Escalade without any thoughts. I have bought 2 new cars in the past 5 years and ended regreting it later when I want to sell them. Well I have only sold one and sold it practically giving it away. Its a good feeling to be driving off in a new car with zero miles but I personally wouldnt buy new again.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck