New Tahoe vs Used Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cause your hoe was 2wd and you wanted All wheel or 4x4 and it was a perfect opportunity for you to upgrade

I know but I had a chance to buy a newer tahoe that was 4wd and instead went with a 1 owner used Esky in mint condition. I definitely could've got a brand new Tahoe but the softer leather, nicer interior, and 6.2L/403hp engine were enough to sway me to the other side.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^this and exactly why I'd got the used esky route over the new hoe with the same price.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^this and exactly why I'd got the used esky route over the new hoe with the same price.

EXACTLY. Don't get me wrong... I LOVED my Tahoe LTZ... but it made me want more... i started doing exterior Esky mod's to make it LOOK like an esky... then I test drove a Denali and just drooled over the leather and feel of the AWD/6.2L... then I test drove an Esky and drooled even more... basically either way you won't go wrong... but if you have the choice of either or and the Escalade that's used is a 1 owner/mint condish-- then WHY NOT?! I also got a warranty from the dealership I got it at that is good at Cadillac dealerships AND normal paint/body shops that extended my Escalade's bumper-to-bumper to 35,000 miles from the date of purchase... which by the way when you buy a new Tahoe guess what you get on the warranty? 35,000.... the same as what I just got on my USED/MINT esky :Handshake:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
arrgh i will not be persuaded to the dark side......even if they have cookies.....in all seriousness. I owe so trying to get into a another vehicle would not be a smart move.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did someone say COOKIES? :Caffeine:

arrgh i will not be persuaded to the dark side......

It depends on how you define the "Dark Side." ;)

Anywho, my vote goes to the Escalade. I LOVE my Tahoe, but if I was given a choice.....

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EXACTLY. Don't get me wrong... I LOVED my Tahoe LTZ... but it made me want more... i started doing exterior Esky mod's to make it LOOK like an esky... then I test drove a Denali and just drooled over the leather and feel of the AWD/6.2L... then I test drove an Esky and drooled even more... basically either way you won't go wrong... but if you have the choice of either or and the Escalade that's used is a 1 owner/mint condish-- then WHY NOT?! I also got a warranty from the dealership I got it at that is good at Cadillac dealerships AND normal paint/body shops that extended my Escalade's bumper-to-bumper to 35,000 miles from the date of purchase... which by the way when you buy a new Tahoe guess what you get on the warranty? 35,000.... the same as what I just got on my USED/MINT esky :Handshake:

Craziness. Our Burban got a 36k mile warranty from the dealer. We upgraded it to 100k tho. :D

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another +1 on the Esky. I personally think the Tahoes are the best looking of the bunch (front end especially), but that 6.2 and all the other goodies would probably be enough to sway me to the "old persons" SUV, haha. Can't go wrong either way!!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Did someone say COOKIES? :Caffeine:

It depends on how you define the "Dark Side." ;)

Anywho, my vote goes to the Escalade. I LOVE my Tahoe, but if I was given a choice.....

over powering words and numbers like 6.2......nicer leather........ all the bells and whistles that can be used to make someone tempted or jealous

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Another +1 on the Esky. I personally think the Tahoes are the best looking of the bunch (front end especially), but that 6.2 and all the other goodies would probably be enough to sway me to the "old persons" SUV, haha. Can't go wrong either way!!

i agree with the best looking of the bunch

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
arrgh i will not be persuaded to the dark side......even if they have cookies.....in all seriousness. I owe so trying to get into a another vehicle would not be a smart move.

Sumo I know how much you love your Tahoe and i'm willing to bet that you'd love the Esky just as much. If my Tahoe were originally 4wd and I wasn't forced to purchase another vehicle i'd STILL be in it though you are definitely right about that... but when someone says they have the choice between the two then there just isn't any justification to get go with the latter when there is one that obviously has better leather/interior and a bigger engine... I actually saved a lot of "mod money" by getting the Esky lol... but yea I feel ya in your boat I would definitely keep the Tahoe as there is no "excuse" for you to get another one.. plus it's one of a kind already! :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

I agree the Tahoe front end looks way better then the Esky but you can always do the platinum Esky front end mod and then it'll look just as good as the Tahoe if not better :) But yea.. stock esky front end versus stock Tahoe front end, the Tahoe wins that battle...

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Craziness. Our Burban got a 36k mile warranty from the dealer. We upgraded it to 100k tho. :D

Oops I meant 36k.. and yea that's what my extended warranty covers from my date of purchase (of the esky)... a bumper to bumper warranty is a MUST on these vehicles...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelo217