New to Chevy/GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NT1978

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also had a 03 sequoia just recently sold it with 220,000 miles for 9 grand. I switched to a tahoe because part availability and the ease to work on and pretty good reliability.

Thanks. We have had 2 straight 2nd Gen Sequoias but the redesign they screwed up with the 3rd row and storage area. What trim of Tahoe did you get and what engine?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Any guess on how much more the MSRP might be? Also does the 6.2 require 91 or 93 octane?
Premium is recommended but not required for the 6.2L.

Probably $5K more to build a comparable RST with the 6.2. Build and price tool will let you know for sure.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owners manual says 91 minimum recommended. It’s a high compression engine…the cam phasers can compensate some, but if you buy the 6.2, do yourself and your engine a favor and feed it the high octane…knock is not good for engines…

OP
OP
N

NT1978

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys-I am about to purchase a Tahoe LT with the Luxury Package and have driven a variety of Tahoes and Yukon trims. I did not notice a huge difference in ride quality with the LT vs the High Country that had magnetic ride control but wondered if anyone else noticed a huge difference.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-I am about to purchase a Tahoe LT with the Luxury Package and have driven a variety of Tahoes and Yukon trims. I did not notice a huge difference in ride quality with the LT vs the High Country that had magnetic ride control but wondered if anyone else noticed a huge difference.
You won't notice till you get into some not so friendly terrain (Think washboarded gravel roads, etc)..but the LT Premium Smooth Ride is a good suspension too...

OP
OP
N

NT1978

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All-I purchased my first ever GM product and got the 2024 Tahoe. So far I have really enjoyed the smooth ride and technology in the vehicle. I am not quite used to all the buttons and technology but one item I have noticed is that when I turn the car on, my XM channel will play, but when I start to drive the sound goes off. I have to change the channel for the sound/radio to come back on. Has anyone else noticed this?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All-I purchased my first ever GM product and got the 2024 Tahoe. So far I have really enjoyed the smooth ride and technology in the vehicle. I am not quite used to all the buttons and technology but one item I have noticed is that when I turn the car on, my XM channel will play, but when I start to drive the sound goes off. I have to change the channel for the sound/radio to come back on. Has anyone else noticed this?
Ask your dealer to update your infotainment software. There's a new version available and it is supposed to address the drop outs in audio.

Unfortunately, since '22 the GM SUVs use an operating system designed by Google. It has been mired in software bugs and they continue to release updates - often fixing a few things and then breaking something else.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. We have had 2 straight 2nd Gen Sequoias but the redesign they screwed up with the 3rd row and storage area. What trim of Tahoe did you get and what engine?
2013 LT 5.3 and a 2017 suburban 5.3. The suburban was kind of a a gamble because it didn't run but it was crazy cheap. Turned out to be a starter and battery selling that one to a friends with a private school bus business keeping the trusty gmt900.

Last edited:

mummer43

Reaction score
I ordered my Yukon Denali n October and I should be taking delivery this week. I got it for 1k under MSRP but I don't think that's the norm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar